Complaint Review: Square Trade

• Submitted: Thu, February 28, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 29, 2008

• Reported By:Sonora California
Square Trade
575 Market Street, 10th Floor San Francisco, California U.S.A.

Square Trade Took my money, did not resolve situation at all, I lost money on ebay AND with Square Trade. San Francisco California

*Consumer Comment: Welcome to eBay!

I bought a printer from Ebay seller "auctionspike" and it was recieved damaged and did not work. This seller refused to refund me or accept a return after delaying his responses, the time to file a dispute with Ebay had passed. I filed with Square Trade asking for the negative feedback that "auctionspike" posted about me and for a refund of some type. Square Trade offered a settlement from the seller to be half of the item cost which was $38.00.

I was not happy with that, as I was stuck with negative feedback, the other half of the printer cost at $38.00, the shipping costs of around $30 and ALSO Square Trade charged me $29.95 to file this case. I lost ALL of this and Square Trade closed the case with NO resolution because I would not accept this remedy which punishes me more than the fradulent seller. When I filed with Square Trade I said that I would not accept these terms but they closed my case anyways.

I feel that they are totally useless, they do not work for the buyer, they protect fraudulent sellers and rip us off by wasting our time and taking our money to do absolutely nothing at all!

Heather
Sonora, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2008 10:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Square-Trade/San-Francisco-California-94105/Square-Trade-Took-my-money-did-not-resolve-situation-at-all-I-lost-money-on-ebay-AND-wit-313197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Square Trade

Welcome to eBay!

AUTHOR: Friendly Help - (U.S.A.)

If you want a positive experience on eBay the first thing you must learn to do is read the ads and seller feedback comments very carefully.... You must get a 'feel' for the true nature of the seller.

Avoid ALL sellers who require the buyer to post feedback first. After all, the buyer completes their end of the deal first by sending their money. The eBay rules are that the seller provides feedback first, but this rule is apparently not enforced...

The eBay dispute resolution rules can be gamed by those who know how. Dragging out problem resolutions with a trusting buyer is a tried & true way.

The short story is never spend more on eBay than you can afford to loose, unless you know the seller. There is a seller of audio equipment on eBay whom I have known since the mid 1970's.... long before eBay. Him, I trust.