Complaint Review: Square Trade

• Updated: Fri, August 03, 2012

• Reported By: Derrick — Lisle Illinois United States of America
Square Trade
575 Market St 10th Fl San Francisco, Illinois United States of America

Square Trade SquareTrade, Square Trade Warranties Claiming false reasons for voiding of warranty San Francisco, Illinois

*Author of original report: Customer Service Team Redeems Square Trade

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Hello Derrick

Purchased a three year warranty from Square Trade through Amazon.Com.  The warranty covered my iPod up to $200.  Recently the iPod volume buttons started working intermittently, and eventually stopped working.  Then the device would not charge. These are both items clearly covered under the warranty I purchased.  I sent the device in "for repair".  I was notified over a week later that my warranty claim was denied because of "water damage".  The device was never exposed directly to water before or after it stopped functioning properly.  I am extremely dissatisfied with this company and feel ripped off for purchasing the warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Square-Trade/San-Francisco-Illinois-60532/Square-Trade-SquareTrade-Square-Trade-Warranties-Claiming-false-reasons-for-voiding-of-wa-921192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Square Trade

Customer Service Team Redeems Square Trade

AUTHOR: ChitownDJP - (United States of America)

I must commend Square Trade for stepping up and letting me state my case of why I though their initial evaluation of why my product wasn't working was incorrect.  Since I've submitted my report, the company's customer service staff has gone above and beyond to hear me out, offer a tenable solution and also explain to me in more detail how they do business.  It takes a dedicated customer service staff to make a company like theirs successful, and I will now admit that even though my initial dealings with them left me very unsatisfied, they went the extra mile to rectify it.  I plan to purchase a replacement product soon, and I will consider purchasing another Square Trade warranty to protect that purchase also.  Kudos to Rebekah and Shawn S. for stepping up to protect their company's reputation.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Hello Derrick

AUTHOR: SquareTrade - (USA)

Dear Derrick,

We're sorry you're not happy with your experience. SquareTrade keeps customer satisfaction at its very core and we've clearly dropped the ball here. If you can email me at rebekahhelps@squaretrade.com, I'll be happy to look into this and take care of you.

Regards,