Complaint Review: Square Trade

• Updated: Tue, May 06, 2008

• Reported By:Centennial Colorado
Square Trade
http://www.squaretrade.com Internet U.S.A.

Square Trade Did not honor warranty false advertising illegal contract bad customer service Internet

I was fooled by the false advertising of this company. They stated in their ads that they offered their warranties and one of the many things the warranty covered was for "normal wear and tear". This is what hooked me as I bought a cell phone on ebay and would like it to be replaced as it wore out over time and did not work.

After about a year, the Motorola Razor that I bought began to not work. The outside screen would no show any display, it was hard to get the phone to recharge (loose internal wiring), and it dropped calls more often and faster than Paris Hilton does with boyfriends. I had never dropped it, or accidentally damaged it in any way. I filed a claim and was told to call a special number for more information.

The representative was a rude individual and flatly denied my claim stating that they did not cover wear and tear in my case because the outside display was not working. He proclaimed that the only way it would not work is if I struck and damaged the phone. This was not true as I have never dropped my phone and always kept it in my pocket. Keeping a cell phone in your pocket is NORMAL and any wear and tear should have been covered by the legal contract.

I asked about the other issues and he stated that because the outside screen was damaged that it made the warranty null and void.

I have recently contacted my lawyer (Pre-paid Legal only $17 a month) and he is currently examining the contract and sending a demand of payment for my claim (free service with Pre-Paid Legal). I'm not trying to sell the service, I'm just a user of it, but I noticed this service may help lots of people on here with these greedy companies ripping people off.

Greg
Centennial, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2008 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Square-Trade/internet/Square-Trade-Did-not-honor-warranty-false-advertising-illegal-contract-bad-customer-servic-330951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Square Trade