• Report: #1019097

• Updated: Sat, February 23, 2013

• Reported By: Sarco — New Haven Connecticut United States of America
Square UP
www.squareup.com internet, California United States of America

Square UP Square This company acts as a merchant account processor (for credit cards). They hide behind their web site--no way to contact them other than by email. They do not answer mail promptly. They hold client internet, California

This company issued me an account.  Then after I began to process they held my funds and began asking "qualifying questions"  They did not like my answers and closed my account while holding my funds.  They said that they would send me my money within 90 days to the bank at which I had been doing business.  I have since changed banks and tried to contact them...there is NO WAY to confirm a communication to them to get them to change my funding.  I have problems for several reasons:

1.  They should have qualified me for an account before issuing an account and allowing me to accept credit cards.  By allowing me to start to accept cards and then holding my funds for 90 days they put undue strain on my finances.
2. The have very poor customer service...there is no contact phone number and if you send an email, they often do not reply and there is no confirmation that they even got the email.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Square-UP/internet-California-/Square-UP-Square-This-company-acts-as-a-merchant-account-processor-for-credit-cards-The-1019097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Square UP