Complaint Review: Square

• Reported By: Michael — Rogersville Tennessee
Square
Internet USA

Square, Square Up, SquareUp.com Do Note Use These People Internet

I started with this company from the very beginning. I signed on before the card reader was even being sent out to customers. It seemed like a great way to accept credit cards on the spot and for a long time it was. I got paid on time each time and had no issues. Then I had a charge that exceeded $1,000 and they wanted to hold part of my funds for 7 days. I called and the limit on my deposits was lifted. Note that I said I called. You can't call for customer support now because they don't have a phone number on their web site. In fact they would rather you not speak to them at all and therefore want you to read all of the help questions on the site. A company that handles my money with no phone number and virtually no email support? I don't think so.

Somewhere along the way Square changed their policy again without any notice to customers. Now they want to hold part of your funds for 30 days or more. This is of course money that has been charged to your customer's card and is owed to you. If you want it you'll have to fill out an online application and beg them to give it to you. News flash! It isn't their money. It's your money. Keep in mind that the user policies change without any notice to you and if you have a problem later you'll be directed to that policy. But, how do you know if you would use their service again until you know what the new policy is? This is just stupid.

Square is owned by the same guy who started Twitter and seems to be a side business. It is poorly managed and has almost no customer care. After numerous issues I will never use them again and have thrown my card reader away. I strongly suggest that look elsewhere if you are considering them. They'll collect your money and hold it for as long as they want and a small business owner like me can't afford that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Square/internet/Square-Square-Up-SquareUpcom-Do-Note-Use-These-People-Internet-1065474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Square