Complaint Review: Square

• Submitted: Tue, March 05, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: Hawks Plumbing, Inc. — Cottage Grove Oregon United States of America
Square
San Francisco, CA Internet United States of America

Square Taken $4700.00 of my companies money. No customer service except email with no resolutions! Internet

Square owes our company over $4700.00. They have fine print on their website that does not clearly disclose a 7 day $2000 limit for manually run cards. Square deferred our funds November 9, 2012 for $2002.00 and again on November 27, 2012 for $2707.95. They are holding money for 3 transactions manually entered on November 7, 2012 for $890, $2000, $2000. These funds were disputed by our client when he was charged twice (because I refunded his charge after finding our the 7 day limit of $2000.00 for manually run cards, then ran the amount as 3 different transactions and increased our limit with Square to $5000.00 a week for manually run cards. The refund to our customer did not go through right away and showed he paid us twice). The 3 transactions in the dispute went in his favor but he reversed them. I have documentation from his bank that the money came out of his account. His bank investigated the charges and shows that Square has the funds but has not released them to us. We have been sent round and around with them trying to get our money back. They only respond with email. It is not always in 24 hours as stated and does not answer or resolve our issue. When you try to call one of the numbers only found from websites created by angry Square customers trying to contact them, the number hangs up on you, refers you back to email, or asks for an account number that you only get in an email or when I found it the automated phone system said "account not found" and hung up on me. This has put our company in enormous debt to the point that we have had to sell personal items, had late payments (or no payments) for our employee's health insurance and not been able to pay employees. It is a huge company. What can I do? I am small and can't afford an attorney?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Square/internet/Square-Taken-470000-of-my-companies-money-No-customer-service-except-email-with-no-res-1023825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Square