Complaint Review: SquareTrade

• Updated: Fri, September 06, 2013

• Reported By: Jaycee — lincoln Nebraska
SquareTrade
internet, Select State/Province USA

SquareTrade purchased a warranty from the and claim was denied nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Thanks for your feedback.

I would like to report squaretrade warranty service as a scam and rip off. I purchased a 1year warranty from them on a flatscreen tv I bought off eBay. When I got it I called to file a claim because the ports on the back was off centered so I couldn't plug anything in. I was told that my warranty was not in effect for 45 days cause it was a used product and to try back later. After about a month and a I noticed two black spots in the corner of my tv. I called again to try filling a claim. Again I was denied. This time the told me if something was wrong with my tv I should have took it up with eBay. I don't see no purpose to buying a warranty if the don't fulfill it. I will never buy another one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2013 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SquareTrade-/internet-Select-StateProvince/SquareTrade-purchased-a-warranty-from-the-and-claim-was-denied-nationwide-1082441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SquareTrade

Thanks for your feedback.

AUTHOR: SquareTrade - ()

Hey Jaycee,

Wow, we're so sorry to hear that you're not happy with us. We try to be as clear as possible about our coverage but it looks like this isn't the case here. For a used item purchased from eBay, we have a 45 day waiting period since the eBay Buyer Protection program will cover you for the first 45 days. I'd love to help look into your claim to see if there's anything at all that I could do to help if could email me at tiffanyhelps(at)squaretrade.com.

Again, we really sorry about this ordeal and we'd love to try to turn this around!

Regards,