Complaint Review: SquareTrade Warranties

• Submitted: Sat, March 16, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, June 04, 2013

• Reported By: us187 — Manchester Connecticut
SquareTrade Warranties

SquareTrade Warranties Never fixed my camera problems and I sent the camera in twice! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Hey There

*Author of original report: To Tiffany/SquareTrade

*UPDATE Employee: Thank You for Your Feedback

I purchased a Canon camera on ebay three and a half years ago and purchased a SquareTrade Warranty on it. I had many problems with the camera in the warranty period including with the video feature.

I sent the camera in to their repair center after filing a claim but when I got it back NOTHING was fixed! I called them and they said okay send it again. Second time, came back, NOTHING was fixed. If problems can't be fixed they are supposed to replace the camera or give you your money back right? Wrong, they did not do that with me. And at about the same time, the warranty expired and I was left with no coverage.

I do not recommend this company as I think it is a waste of money, they did not fix anything for me and did not return any money to me. I sure miss the good old days when I used to buy something at Circuit City with a warranty, and they would take it for me at the store, repair it or replace it on the spot. That store had the best warranty policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2013 06:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SquareTrade-Warranties/internet/SquareTrade-Warranties-Never-fixed-my-camera-problems-and-I-sent-the-camera-in-twice-Int-1035198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SquareTrade Warranties

Hey There

AUTHOR: Tiffany U. - ()

Hey there,

If you could email me at tiffanyhelps(at)squaretrade.com, I'd love to look into this claim to help turn it around.

Regards,Tiffany U.,
SquareTrade

To Tiffany/SquareTrade

AUTHOR: us187 - ()

Dear Tiffany,

How can I get in contact with you? You haven't left your contact information. I would appreciate still being able to resolve this, please send me a message with your contact information.

AUTHOR: Tiffany U. - ()

Dear us187,

We're so sorry to hear that you're not happy with your experience. Our depots are typically really good at repairs but there are one off cases like this. We'd love to help and see what we can do to take care of you. If you could shoot me an email at tiffanyhelps(at)squaretrade.com, I'll be happy to take a look into this claim personally.

Regards,