Complaint Review: SquareUp

• Updated: Tue, May 28, 2013

• Reported By: Candace — Marietta Georgia
Internet USA

SquareUp is holding my money for 90 Days! Thieves! Internet

I recently started an event planning business.  I signed up with SquareUp for my credit card processing.  They processed my first transaction with no problem.

After that, I had a busy and lucrative weekend.  On the Sunday evening before Memorial Day Weekend, they contacted me that I had to verify my account.  I provided all my personal information and thought everything would be fine.

At 4:30am, on Memorial Day, they contacted me via E-mail and stated my account was deactivated and they would be holding my funds for 90 days!  I contacted them via phone twice and the rep informed me she could not give me any information.  Then she got very rude with me, overtalked me, and hung the phone up in my face twice!

So now I'm stuck having to wait 90 days for my funds.  I have a staff to pay.  They aren't trying to wait 90 days so that comes out of my pocket.  I don't understand how this is legal or even moral for that matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SquareUp/internet/SquareUp-is-holding-my-money-for-90-Days-Thieves-Internetnbsp-1054357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SquareUp