Complaint Review: Squidoo

• Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013

• Reported By: James Leasure — Bellingham Massachusetts
Internet USA

Squidoo Bully, Character assassin Internet

Squidoo is a form of social media who asks people to write articles for them.  In return, the writer gets an opportunity to place a link to a website that writer wants to promote, providing the content pairs with the website.

I wrote 10 articles for squidoo.  In the body or at the end of the lense, you should try and sell a few items from the Amazon or ebay stock.  Those also must meet the standard of key words that will be used in your lense.  On my 11th and 12th lens, my work was locked out.  Funny.  I felt the two lenses they locked were the two I put the most effort in.  The remaining 10 are at http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/jeleasure.  Honestly, I do feel the remaining ten lenses are inferior.  I ran through those pretty quickly.  Then I saw that my lenses were garnering an online presence, and I wanted to provide better quality to represent my business. [continued below]....

.....  So, I put effort into them and those were locked.

I am very offended.  I feel bullied.  In fact, I felt placing a link to my lense site (single page website dashboard) would be sensored by "Rip off Report".  The rules here asks us to not use email addresses.  I'm using a url to my site.  I'm afraid that somehow, submitting a url is akin to an email address and I be bullied by the Rip off Report.

The thing that really offends me is, I'm writing material that will allow people to learn how to do things themselves.  While doing that, I am also promoting products for squidoo, ebay and amazon.  What am I likely to get out of it?  A link to my site.  That is why I am writing.  The instructional videos demonstrate an allowance for placing a promotional link to a website.  However, one of the statements made in the do's and do nots list is to not be overly promotional.  I submitted on hyper text link to my website in each of my lenses.  Never speaking on my business by name.  However, when I send the articles out on Google +, then the article gets locked, that is a poor reflection on my business name and public opinion.  Who do these people think they are to blemish my business and personal reputation?  While writing for them on their website, I only place a hyper link text to my website one time in each lense.  After the lense is published, I submit it to my friends and make a public submission for Google to pick up.  I have asked for a personal response from the bully who is locking my work.  No response is forth coming.

Who benefits more?  Squidoo for me having promoted items for sale on Amazon and Ebay?  Or, do I benefit more for getting one hypertext (inbound link) per lense?  They definately get the benefit advantage.  I'm just a crumb digger, spending hours, over days to earn 1 inbound link.  They have their name promoted over the internet.  They have the opportunity for goods to be sold by my work and item selection on Amazon and Ebay.  And what do I get?  I get to appear unfit before the world because they only want to lock my articles and not tell me exactly what I need to do to fix the """error"""!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 11:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Squidoo/internet/Squidoo-Bully-Character-assassin-Internet-1054555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Squidoo