Complaint Review: St. Augustine Beachfront Resort

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: Derek — Leesburg Florida United States of America
St. Augustine Beachfront Resort
300 A1A Beach Blvd. St. Augustine, Florida United States of America

St. Augustine Beachfront Resort Saint Augustine Beach Front Resort is the WORST Hotel I have ever experienced! St. Augustine, Florida

The St. Augustine Beachfront Resort is not worth the money at one tenth the price.  We were shocked to see how unkept the St. Augustine Beachfront Resort was.  To give you a better understanding of the Saint Augustine Beach Front Resort,
the walls are partially painted, exterior doors to the building do not lock, the hardward everywhere is in terrible shape, the gates to and from the pool are about to fall off their hinges, the pools and hot tubs are disgusting, the towels are threadbare and stained, and the whole place smells.  I was not given the pool view room that I reserved, but instead given a room with a parkinglot view.  I was later told that this was an upgraded room in the Resort, although it was in complete disrepair.

The curtains and bedspreads were old and dingy. The towels were threadbare and stained. The TV was literally held together with duct tape.  I hope no one ever has to stay in a standard Saint Augustine Beach Front Resort room if that wa
upgraded.  That was our introduction to the St. Augustine Beachfront Resort, and it only got worse.  We had no hot water that first night.  I checked at the front desk, and was told that they were having problems with the boiler, but that the whole wing would have hot water within 2 hours--inconvenient, but understandable.

The next morning I was shocked to find that we still had no hot water. It turned out that in addition to the boiler problem, the handle on our shower was broken and would not provide us with hot water.  I complained again and suggested a pool-side room.  The staff said that they would rather fix the faucet. The next morning we awoke to another cold shower. I tried rinsin off in the pool, but felt dirtier than when I entered the water.

Finally, the last morning of our trip, the St. Augustine Beachfront Resort staff let us into a nearby room to shower. The worst part of the experience, if you can belive it, was not the cold showersit was the staff. I have never met a hospitality staff so rude and flippant. They told me that I had to take up my concerns with Expedia, because I booked through them. However, Expedia called twice to try and get the Saint Augustine Beachfront Resort to refund some portion of the money for all of our inconvenience, or at least get back the difference for the pool view room. The St. Augustine Beach Front Resort stonewalled, and even hung up on Expedia. The Expedia rep was shocked at how rude they were. When I called the Resort myself, the receptionist interrupted me repeatedly, and hung up on me as well.

In spite of it all, they refused to refund one cent. The St. Augustine Beachfront Resort only dragged Expedia into it in order to
deflect the direct confrontation with me, and get me out of their lobby with my long list of complaints. See more about the St.
Augustine Beachfront Resort here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4aKimBxUNQ
. Please, do yourself a favor and avoid the Saint Augustine Beach Front Resort!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/St-Augustine-Beachfront-Resort/St-Augustine-Florida-32080/St-Augustine-Beachfront-Resort-Saint-Augustine-Beach-Front-Resort-is-the-WORST-Hotel-I-ha-991424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St. Augustine Beachfront Resort