Complaint Review: St. Dominic Hospital

• Updated: Mon, August 13, 2012

• Reported By: Anon. — Jackson Mississippi United States of America
St. Dominic Hospital
969 Lakeland Drive Jackson, Mississippi United States of America

St. Dominic Hospital Corporate bully hiding behind nun's habits. Jackson, Mississippi

This hospital is one of a duopoly that controls my city in nonprofit hospitals.  It likes to hide behind that fact that nominally it is controlled by an order of Catholic nuns, and they use them in all their PR campaigns saying that they give compassion medicine; however they block other hospitals from coming into the city and/or offering services that they don't offer and in my case, they chase people who are homeless to pay the bills.

At one time, I lost my job, my home, and had a very serious mental health problem.  My health insurance paid for two one month stays over two visits until they found the problem.  However, they overcharged for custodian care to the tune of $1500 a week, including several hours of busy work with "art therapy" with a nun to the rate of $40 an hour.  My insurance only paid 80% of the bill and I was penniless at that time.  So they reported me to a debt collection firm, to which I told my story.

They would have let it go, but to do that, they wanted me to give them access to every one of my accounts in my name.  Meaning that these debt collectors probably would have stolen my last dollar to eat.  Even after the three years that Mississippi law allows for these kinds of debts to be collected, they still tried to collect on this stale debt.  Then, after seven years, they tried again.

So, you know what, I think the City of Jackson and the State of Mississippi need to know that if you are poor and try to pay AND pay as much as you can, you can still get screwed by this hospital.  I have recovered now and I take my business elsewhere and yes, 100% of my medical bills are now covered.  So you lost a customer and I tell this story every chance I get and drop any doctor associated with St. Dominic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2012 02:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/St-Dominic-Hospital/Jackson-Mississippi-39216/St-Dominic-Hospital-Corporate-bully-hiding-behind-nuns-habits-Jackson-Mississippi-926344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St. Dominic Hospital