Complaint Review: St. Francis Hospital

• Submitted: Thu, May 26, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, May 26, 2011

• Reported By: Donald — Indianapolis Indiana U.S.A.
St. Francis Hospital
8051 S Emerson St. Beech Grove, Indiana United States of America

St. Francis Hospital Denied medical treatment due to unpaid co-pays. Beech Grove, Indiana

On Friday, May 20, 2011 I went to the Gastroenterology Dept. to get a prescription refilled and to make an appointment with my Gastroenterologist.  I was denied both, the prescription refill and making an appointment.

I was told that my unpaid co-pays had been turned over to collection due to non-payment and that I could not receive treatment at that facility by the employee at the Patient "Assistance" office of the Gastroenterology Dept.

I'm a 73 year old man, trying to save my home from foreclosure and haven't been able to pay the co-pays.  I've had 2 open heart surgeries and I have to take Coumadin daily and have been having a problem with an internal bleeding hererhoid.  Bleeding is a serious danger to my life as I could bleed out internally.

I moved here from California 2 years ago because I couldn't afford to live there anymore.  In California it's illegal to refuse medical treatment to anyone, regardless of the reasoning.

I pay a total of $154 a month for Medicare part B and for Medicare Advantage medical insurance, I would think that that much money going out every month would also cover any co-pays.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2011 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/St-Francis-Hospital/Beech-Grove-Indiana-46237/St-Francis-Hospital-Denied-medical-treatment-due-to-unpaid-co-pays-Beech-Grove-Indiana-733491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St. Francis Hospital