Complaint Review: St. George Building Inpsection

• Updated: Fri, April 15, 2011

• Reported By: Lauren — Los Angeles California United States of America
St. George Building Inpsection
13136 KUEN PLACE Sherman Oaks, California United States of America

St. George Building Inpsection Misleading and Negligent Home Inspection Sherman Oaks, California

*Author of original report: Update from last report

My husband and I recently bought our first home and hired St. George Inspection to inspect our property.  Unfortunately our inspectors (Linda and John St. George) failed to protect us.

Since moving in to our new home, we have discovered many things to be wrong with our place.  We’re fully aware that part of being a home owner comes with discoveries of unknown issues. We also realize that the inspection process can’t see everything wrong with a home; only what is visible to a trained eye.

St. George inspection did point out some important issues, but failed to look at our sewage pipes.  Two weeks after moving into our home, we had to replace all of our sewage pipes, which was a very costly process.  The pipes were completely deteriorated and held together with duct tape.  This is clearly something a good inspector would have noticed when looking under the house.

St.George Inspection also told us that the majority of plumbing had been upgraded to copper, which we later learned was inaccurate.  These are huge mistakes and could have possibly affected our decision to buy this property.  My husband and I are first time home buys; we are not contractors nor plumbers, which is why we paid for an inspection.  We believed that the inspection would protect and inform us of what we were buying. I hope nobody has to go through the stress and financial burden that my husband and I are currently enduring due to the negligence of St. George Inspection.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2011 09:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/St-George-Building-Inpsection/Sherman-Oaks-California-91401/St-George-Building-Inpsection-Misleading-and-Negligent-Home-Inspection-Sherman-Oaks-Cal-707523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St. George Building Inpsection

Update from last report

AUTHOR: Lauren - (United States of America)

My prior report dated 3/17 was based on a misunderstanding of the scope of a home inspection.  After further consideration I have now concluded that the St. George Building Inspection report was within the industry standards that govern such inspections and that the home inspector made recommendations for further investigation or evaluation as to the plumbing issues referenced in my 3/17 report that I should have followed up on before escrow closed.  I regret any impression my prior report made to the contrary and have concluded that the home inspector was not negligent.