Complaint Review: St. Louis Tan Company

• Submitted: Thu, December 06, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012

• Reported By: C. Parker — Festus Missouri United States of America
St. Louis Tan Company
17304 Chesterfield Airport Rd, Ste. 105 Chesterfield, Missouri United States of America

St. Louis Tan Company The Tan Co debited my bank account $201.54 THREE YEARS AFTER I cancelled my membership!!! Chesterfield, Missouri

St. Louis Tan Co at 17304 Chesterfield Airport Rd, Suite 105, Chesterfield, MO has charged my bank account the amount of $201.54 despite closing my membership with them in October, 2009.

Following layoffs with Pfizer, Chesterfield Campus in October, 2009, I approached St. Louis TanCo management with the need to cancel my membership. I was granted a termination of my said membership due to extreme economic hardship following my job loss with Pfizer.

In January, 2010, my account was debited for the monthly membership amount. When I called and spoke to TanCo management, I was told that my money could not be returned but that my account had been marked "closed." I was offered the ability to tan for free for a month instead. I declined the offer to tan and pressed for a refund, which I was denied. In response to the wrongful charges, I cancelled the card and informed my card holder to no longer honor charges from this business.

Almost 3 years later, 05DEC12, my account has been debited $201.54 for membership fees. I have contacted the fraud department of my bank card holder and will pursue litigation if necessary for reimbursement of this money.

Desired Resolution:

$241.40 for non-authorized charges against my account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2012 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/St-Louis-Tan-Company/Chesterfield-Missouri-63005-1435/St-Louis-Tan-Company-The-Tan-Co-debited-my-bank-account-20154-THREE-YEARS-AFTER-I-canc-978677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St. Louis Tan Company