Complaint Review: St. Luke Evangelical Christian Ministries

• Submitted: Tue, January 27, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, October 24, 2012

• Reported By:Inkster Michigan
St. Luke Evangelical Christian Ministries
4263 Randall Rd. Dearing, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 706-986-0171

*Consumer Comment: Communication pays

*Consumer Comment: The above comments are secular and not Christian

*Consumer Comment: No, but this St. Luke is certainly a Bad Apple

*Consumer Comment: NOT EVERY CHURCH NAMED ST. LUKE'S IS A RIP OFF

*Author of original report: St lukes is not a rip off

*Author of original report: St. Luke Evangelical Christian Ministries

*Consumer Comment: Give me a break

I ordered a ordination certificate on 11/07/08 and I have never received my certificate and now it is 01/27/09 over two months ago I see people saiding to be patient but two and half month is to long to be waiting for something that was paid for.

Nothappy
Inkster, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/St-Luke-Evangelical-Christian-Ministries/Dearing-Georgia-30808/St-Luke-Evangelical-Christian-Ministries-Customer-Dearing-Georgia-416941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St. Luke Evangelical Christian Ministries

RIPOFF OF CREDENTIALS

AUTHOR: REV WILLIS FRALEY JR - ()

AFTER I PAYED FOR MY CERTIGICATE IT TOOK 3 WEEKS BUT I GOT IT. SO HE PATIENT

Communication pays

AUTHOR: Rev Dr Simon Geddes - (Australia)

Hi, I am a customer of theirs and had a similar problem but all has been resolved now. Rev Davids wife was seriously ill for a time, during which Rev David fell behind in his work. Once his wife recovered, my order was processed. If you have any issues, drop him an email and he will gladly sort them out. He is a lovely man and I dont believe human error constitutes a rip-off.

Further, before seeking ordination, you may like to read these; Matthew 18:15-17, Proverbs 15:1 regarding Christian conflict resolution. Ames provides free bible college training www.amesintl.org if you are interested. This would equip you well for ministry.

Rev Dr Simon Geddes
CO
CCSA
www.ccsa.net.au
www.simongeddes.com.au

The above comments are secular and not Christian

AUTHOR: Dr_Mike - (United States of America)

I was myself ordained by this ministry, and while my documents were not blindingly fast in arriving, they got there in a timely enough manner (a month or two) for a ministry. The complaint and comments aboveare clearly of a secular nature, as if this were a business. It is not. It is a ministry devoted to spreading God's word and service throughout the land.

I do not understand the most public whine that an ordination certificate did not arrive "when the applicant so wanted." It is my understanding that Dr. Ford processes these mostly himself, as he is able. It should also be understood from any congregant that prayer and consideration likely go into every request, and must meet an approval first through the Reverend, by the Spirit. Placing one's needs before that of the church is questionable at best, and makes me wonder if the applicant really has God's interests at heart. It is a wonder he has not lost his ordination, but that decision lies in the hands of the Lord, and inHis servant David.

When it comes to wanting things "now," as we Americans have come to expect, it is wise to keep in mind the ways and methods of the Lord, as expressed in Psalm 37:7-9 "Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Dont worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temperit only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land."

When buying and paying for the "things" of this world, by all means feel free to apply standards of purchase and commerce all you please. When you place your request before the Lord, remember that it is you who wait on the Lord, and not He who waits on you!

Amen

No, but this St. Luke is certainly a Bad Apple

AUTHOR: Dr Trevlac - (U.S.A.)

First International Church of the Web is a total fraud. I have been a member for a few years, and I still say it's a fraud. For months, at least, people have been complaining that they are sending money and orders to Rev. David Ford, and they have received nothing in return. On June 23, 2009, one person wrote this on the FICOTW bulletin board:

A friend and I are both ordained ministers. We have been running an outreach food pantry for some years. I mailed in coursework and checks for Master of Theology degrees. It's been 2 months since the checks were cashed but have heard or received nothing. I have emailed Rev. David Ford repeatedly with no reply. Can someone help?!

The fact is that the answer is NO. It seems nobody can help. Not even the Church Elders can help anymore. Money seems to be pouring into the ministry, but nothing is being returned for the money. In my opinion that amounts to either Mail Fraud or Interstate Wire Fraud, depending on whether it is being sent through the mail or over the internet. It appears that the so-called Reverend David Ford is keeping the money for himself and either refusing or neglecting to send the product ordered. If this is true, then that could make it fraud or outright theft.

Stay away from this place. It is a scam, and it gives other, more legitimate, ministries a black eye. Why am I still a member? Somebody has to keep an eye on them.

NOT EVERY CHURCH NAMED ST. LUKE'S IS A RIP OFF

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

JUST THE ONE COMPLAINED ABOUT IN THE RIP OFF REPORT THAT SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HARMED BY/ MATTHEW WAS THE CPA and TAX COLLECTOR.

LUKE WAS THE PHYSICIAN.

JOHN WAS THE MYSTIC AND CONFIDANTE OF JESUS.

MARK WAS THE JOURNALIST.

THE RIPOFF CHURCH THEY SHOULD HAVE NAMED AFTER MATTHEW INSTEAD.

MATTHEW UNDERSTOOD MONEY BUT IT WAS JUDAS THE TRAITOR WHO CARRIED THE PURSE ND WAS THE TREASURER OF THE JESUS MINISTRY,

Maybe they should call it the Saint Judas Church.

St lukes is not a rip off

AUTHOR: Nothappy - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to update my report I did get my certificate it was late but I got it. I feel that Rev Ford needs help to fullfill is orders. I pray that God will send a people he needs so that he can get his orders out on time.

God Bless

Rev. Williams

St. Luke Evangelical Christian Ministries

AUTHOR: Nothappy - (U.S.A.)

I thanks for judging people you do not know. I have sat under ministries and have service there ministries 100% and I know I have a call on me life to be a minister. These ministries never consider ordaining me ordination. At this time I am not going to try any more to become ordained by man. In there last day I am going to preach to regular people on the streets about Jesus and his return.

Give me a break

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (U.S.A.)

What a waste of money !! First off, WHY would you want an "ordination certificate" from an online "church" ?? Exactly what do you plan on doing with it ?? It is illegal to use it in several states, with more following. No REAL church is going to recognize it, as the vast majority of churches have their own ordination requirements ( Seminary, internships, etc. ). I could see you walking into ANY established church with your "ordination certificate" and being laughed out of the building. Secondly, St. Luke's has a history of not delivering, and has been the subject of several reports on this site. Personally, I would be ashamed for anyone to know that I had been "ordained" by this "ministry".