Complaint Review: St Matthews Church

• Reported By:georgetown Pennsylvania
St Matthews Church
Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

St Matthews Church, Tulsa Oklahoma

Since april 2004, I have been sent letters, booklets, and other reading materials from a "church" known as st matthews in tulsa oklahoma- no address given, just a po box. The "church" asks for seed money offerings in replace of prayers that promise to correct any problems you may be facing (everything from a drug or alcohol addicted friend or family member, to $ problems,etc). They tell you that you must first plant a seed by paying $ to the church before your prayers are answered.They also tell you that this seed will reep a much better life for you and those you love. They even have "statements" from other individuals whose lives improved drastically with this plan.

I had never fallen for a scam before this BUT had just lost my best friend days before the letters started arriving, and she was a very religious person, so i saw this as a sign from her somehow. Throughout this time period, I made it a point to read what was sent me, and do the prayers as instructed. I hoped it would somehow make my life easier. Don't get me wrong, Istill attended my church as well during this time, but felt as though my friend wanted me to do these prayers as well.

On may 22nd 2007,(3 years after my first letter arrived) I received my latest letter requesting more seed money and more things to do (like placing a "holy handkerchief" under my pillow within a bible while I sleep,then sending the handkerchief and seed money to them the following morning so my prayers would be answered), and I started to really question this "church".

My husband suggested I go online and google the church. My fears were confirmed when I saw several accounts from other individuals who were victims to this scam as I was.If any lawyer ever prosecutes these individuals, I would like to be part of the class action suite. Money I gave, intended for a church, was misused. I am owed that hard earned money back. Oh, and by the way, instead of the usual seed offering money being sent out in my mail today, I sent a letter stating that I now know st matthews is a scam and that they are to refrain from ever contacting me again or I will press charges. I urge everyone else to do the same. don't be fooled by these people any longer.

georgetown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2007 05:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/St-Matthews-Church/Tulsa-Oklahoma/St-Matthews-Church-Tulsa-Oklahoma-249832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St Matthews Church