symbols

• Submitted: Thu, July 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 24, 2008

• Reported By:Fairfield Connecticut
St. Vincent's Medical Center Billing
762 Lindly Street Bridgeport, Connecticut U.S.A.
  • Phone: 203-576-5131
  • Web:
  • Category: Clinics

St. Vincent's Medical Center Billing Bait and Switch Bridgeport Connecticut

If you do not have enough money to receive medical care, but you are pending state insurance, they will accept you in this facility. The information I was given, was that "if you are pending state insurance, you will only be billed if you are denied the state insurance."

My family is dirt poor, and my wife had an emergency issue to rectify. We were pending state insurance, and were accepted 2 days after this appointment. Since then, I have been harassed for months by their billing department and have been told frequently that they know and understand the policy but are billing me anyway.

I would have waited the 2 days if I knew my family would be hit with a $130 bill. Instead, they told me "it's ok if you're state pending, no bills, etc." At this point, we were relieved and accepted.

To date, I have been fighting with them and sending them emails/faxes/letters to remind them of their policy. I don't even know how many other families are having trouble with this at the same time that I am.

Families without money are being told that they are secure, then are being billed for money that they don't have. What is supposed to be aiding the poor, is destroying them.. in something that can only be called "bait and switch."

Rezotorch
Fairfield, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2008 10:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/St-Vincents-Medical-Center-Billing/Bridgeport-Connecticut-06606/St-Vincents-Medical-Center-Billing-Bait-and-Switch-Bridgeport-Connecticut-355453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St. Vincent's Medical Center Billing