Complaint Review: St.Croix Ceramic and Stone

• Submitted: Tue, May 31, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, October 26, 2012

• Reported By: Home Builder — 5 county metro area Minnesota United States of America
St.Croix Ceramic and Stone

St.Croix Ceramic and Stone Bryan R. Briggs Improper install of shower floor resulting in a $2500 repair. Shoddy work, beware of this company! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I wonder about this report, indeed!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I wonder about this report

This company did work for us for a couple of years. Most of it looked pretty good until the last job.
We are now finding that the shower floor liners were cut instead of folded resulting in leaks almost two years later. We tore one apart a few days ago and discovered a terrible mess with soggy subfloor and plenty of mold and liner corners cut, a huge no-no.  This was a blatent disregard for the proper way to do this and would have been easily done the right way. I recieved a call from a homeowner today telling me of a leak in the shower area, I believe this will be the same. (These are the only two showers he did for us).

There are plenty of good tile companies out there, but not this one! Run from this guy!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StCroix-Ceramic-and-Stone/internet/StCroix-Ceramic-and-Stone-Bryan-R-Briggs-Improper-install-of-shower-floor-resulting-in-a-735160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on St.Croix Ceramic and Stone

I wonder about this report, indeed!

AUTHOR: seeworthy - (USA)

Hello Bryan Briggs? Remember me? I'm a homeowner with the fireplace with a major cosmetic brickwork flaw...a error that Fireplace Home & Hearth stated the brickwork to their unit was done incorrectly and, had it been one of their contractors, would have been immediately redone. But, no, lucky me had you do it as a sub for Bennett-Cooper Floors. Remember me now? I was also the guy that told you that just weeks after I moved into my new home that the bathroom shower stall had tile breaking loose from the walls. It was determined by another tile contractor that the installation was done incorrectly. When I finally located you on Facebook, your response was that you were just so angry at me for bothering you and that I should never contact you again. Now do you remember me?

You said you were out of business, sold all your equipment to pay bills, and had no means of fixing my tile or fireplace. (Odd that your business shows operational to date while the work in my home and your lack of customer service was in early 2010.)

You'll be happy to know that I was able to wet wipe all the dust from the tile cutting off of my walls. Remember? After my home was nearly complete and I paid good money for the walls and ceiling to be painted? When I asked why you cut tile inside a home your response to me was, "I never did that." Funny...I stood there and watched you in the middle of my painted bedroom cutting tile, as did my wife with her mother on another occasion.

Quality of work, follow up customer service, honesty, communication, etc....all lacking qualities with you Bryan. You responded to me that I had a nice house and I should be content with that, as a justification to overlook poor craftsmanship and tile falling off my 'nice house', and that I should just be happy that I have what I have. Not very professional, Bryan. As long as you avoid responsibility and good ethics, especially to the point of blaming other's for your own actions, your career failures/challenges will continue to be of your own doing.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I wonder about this report

AUTHOR: StCroixCeramicandStone - (United States of America)

This is all news to me, as I have never heard anything from any builder that I have worked for about a leaking shower that was never resolved. My work is warrantied, and I fix my mistakes. I have folded my pans since the first shower I installed 20 years ago, and have done them the same each time. I have however replaced shower floors due to careless nailling of trim or framing. I wonder about this report.