Complaint Review: Staffmark

• Submitted: Thu, May 23, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: TLPE — Greenwood Indiana
1101 Whitaker Road Plainfield, Indiana USA

Staffmark - BEWARE of this company Staffmark does not like to pay its employees Plainfield Indiana

Staffmark is not a company you want to work for. They do whatever they can to get to get out of paying thier employees. When my husbans went to work for them a couple of years ago he didn't get his first check for over a month after it was supposed to have been mailed. They claimed they had to send a paper check because his direct deposit information hadn't had enough time to go through.

I went to work for Staffmark in May of 2013 and they promised to pay $9/hour. They claim they take money out of your first two checks for a background screening and drug test and these things run about $30. $9/hour at 40/week comes out to $360 so after taxes I should be bringing home at least $320. My first check was for 10 hours and I was paid $80. My second check was for 40 hours and I made $305. Which would be about correct if they took out $15 for the backround check/drug screening. So I figured if they took out $15 on the next check I should make the same amount, right? Wrong.

The night before I was to go back for my 4th week of work I got an email from Staffmark saying that there was no work and I was being laid off. Who brings in a new employee and lays them off after 90 hours of work? I was expecting a full 40 hour check because I worked 40 hours the previous week. Instead I was paid $279 which comes out to $6.99/hour. Why did they take over $80 out of my third check???

I talked to one of the women who started working for Staffmark when I did and she said they hadn't paid her any 40 hour checks at all. They gave her her 10 hour check but refused to pay her 40 hour checks. They claimed her direct deposit hadn't cleared yet and they had to send her a paper check. Over a week later she still didn't have a check. That sounds familiar...

Do not work for Staffmark. They will do whatever they can to rip you off and not pay you or pay you as little as they can.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 04:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staffmark/Plainfield-Indiana/Staffmark-BEWARE-of-this-company-Staffmark-does-not-like-to-pay-its-employees-Plainfiel-1053192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staffmark