Complaint Review: StainSafe - Levitz Furniture

• Updated: Wed, November 02, 2005

• Reported By:N. Las Vegas Nevada
StainSafe - Levitz Furniture
stainsafe.com Nationwide U.S.A.

StainSafe - Levitz Furniture Companies Failed to Honor Warranty to Repair Furniture Purchased, Ripoff Nationwide

In December 2002, I purchased a significant amount of furniture from Levitz Furniture in Las Vegas, Nevada. The salesman for Levitz Furniture, Neil Mack, represented to me that since I have children, it would be wise to spend the few extra bucks to purchase a seven year warranty for all of the furniture.

Usually I am skeptical about these warranties, but Neil assured me that the warranty plan covered all repairs for anything that happened to the furniture, including rips, tears, spotting, mechanical failures for the recliners, etc. Neil assured me that if anything went wrong, the plan would cover it by either repairing it or replacing the furniture.

In February 2005, one of the recliners malfunctioned, and I telephoned Levitz for information to submit a claim. I was told that they no longer use Stainsafe because of the number of complaints received about the company, and its failure to honor warranties. However, I was provided the contact information to submit my claim.

On February 10, 2005, I was able to speak with an individual from Stainsafe, and I initiated the claims process. I was assured that I would receive a telephone call from a technician within fourteen (14) days of my February 10, 2005, call. However, I never received the telephone call. All subsequent efforts to have a technician repair my broken recliner have been equally futile, and have fallen on deaf ears.

I believe that Levitz and Stainsafe are equally responsible since Levitz sold me the warranty, and the payment for the warrantly appears on my Levitz invoice. Nevertheless, I was ripped off by both Levitz and Stainsafe, and I am now initiating legal action against both simply to enforce the warranty that I paid for.

Patrick
N. Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2005 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StainSafe-Levitz-Furniture/nationwide/StainSafe-Levitz-Furniture-Companies-Failed-to-Honor-Warranty-to-Repair-Furniture-Purcha-163081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on StainSafe - Levitz Furniture