Complaint Review: Stainsafe Companies

• Submitted: Fri, March 02, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, September 14, 2007

• Reported By:Tantallon Nova Scotia
Stainsafe Companies
354 Hiatt Drive Palm Beach Gardens, Florida U.S.A.

Stainsafe Companies Beware of Stainsafe they do not honor their warranty I played along with their games and jumped through all their hoops and they still would not They are the worst company I have ever dealt with! Palm Beach Gardens Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Possible Assistance

*Author of original report: Stainsafe is just a scam

Stainsafe is the absoulute worst company I have ever done business with. if you are even considering purchasing an extended furniture warranty with them, save your money. I tried to make a claim on what was sold to me as a 10 year warranty, seven years after I purchased it, and the company told me that I would have to provide them with a copy of the warranty that I have with them and my original receipt, along with 5 pictures of my sofa. I did all of that and reported the damage to my sofa the day after it ocurred. I tried many times to follow up with them for about 6 weeks to see when I would receive a service call. I then got an email saying that the call was cancelled because I did not report it within 5 days of the damage being done!! I responded with an email correcting them by telling them that I did report it within their strict time frame, and it was Stainsafe that sat on the claim for almost 2 months, and no response. I contacted the BBB and all I got with that was an acknoledgement that they received my complaint, however they would not provide me with the service.

I have done a lot of looking on the internet and there appears to be thousands of other consumers that have had the same experience as I did with Stainsafe, How can a company get away with this??? This is breach of contract

Susan
Tantallon, Nova Scotia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2007 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stainsafe-Companies/Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida-33418/Stainsafe-Companies-Beware-of-Stainsafe-they-do-not-honor-their-warranty-I-played-along-wi-237834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stainsafe Companies

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Possible Assistance

AUTHOR: Alpineaudio - (U.S.A.)

contact the Florida Attorney General. I did and finally got a check for my warranty.

Stainsafe is just a scam

AUTHOR: Susan - (Canada)

They are nothing more than a bunch of scam artists that take our money in hopes that we will never make a claim. And if we do attempt to make a claim they are very rude and make you jump through so many hoop and then cancel your service call.

After dozens of attempts to contact Stainsafe for service. I also contacted the Better Business Bureau, who was no help other than Stainsafe actually acknowled to them that I was a person. But the BBB did nothing to help me. I thought that they were there to help consumers that have been wronged by a company, well they were no help.

I cannot understand how Stainsafe can still be in business. They have wronged so many consumers. They are all just a bunch of scam artists. I gave up on them since they are located out of Florida, and I am in Canada, so after 6 months of dealing with Stainsafe and the store that I bought the warranty from, and my money exchanged hands with World wide Furniture. I ended up taking them to small claims court for breach of contract, and I won!

Hopefully others will do the same and these companies realize we are not crap and do not deserve to be treated in this manner. If they have no intentions of providing a service, then they should not sell it.

But the Internet is a great tool to tell the world what a rip off scam that Stainsafe is. Tell all of your friends to tell about their experience. To date I have not heard of one positive thing that anyone has to say about Stainsafe. The word is getting around and anyone I know will not even considering purchasing any warranty or product from them.

take care