• Report: #119033

• Submitted: Sat, November 20, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, November 20, 2004

• Reported By:Ann Arbor Michigan
Stainsafe Companies
354 Hiatt Drive Palm Beach Gardens, Florida U.S.A.

Stainsafe Companies NO RESPONSE from Denial Review Department, filed letter nine times by certified mail over seven months!, DO NOT PURCHASE A WARRANTY FROM STAINSAFE PLEASE! Palm Beach Gardens Florida

I purchased a seven year protection plan from Stainsafe for my couch and chaise (plan number 584050 and 583936). I had a chocolate stain in Febuary 2004 on my couch and chaise and prompltly called Stainsafe to send a technician out to remove the stain.

After repeated calls, a technician finally came out four months later. The stain could not be removed because it set in. The technician from ChemDry stated,'If Stainsafe had called me months ago, the stain would have come out.' I am now living with a stained sofa and chaise due to Stainsafe's poor service.

I then filed a claim for the couch and chaise cushions to be re-upholstered (per warranty). I received a letter stating "we are unable to take further action on your claim. Consumers are responsible for properly maintaining their furniture. This includes but is not limited to taking the necessary precautions to insure repeated damages are not caused to the furniture."

I then wrote a letter to dispute their decision and have not heard from them. Every time I call, they tell me to resend the letter. I have spent $26.00 of my money sending the letter certified mail. My letter states,"I have properly maintained my cream colored sofa and chaise, keeping it clean (I have only used Stainsafe a total of 3 times so far). It took Stainsafe four months to send a technician out...the unremovable stain is due to Stainsafe's poor service. Therefore, Stainsafe should hold up their end of the warranty and either re-upholster the couch and chaise or replace them.

Thanks for reading my report. I hope this will deter you from purchasing a Stainsafe warranty. I had great service from Stainsafe until I had this problem.

Suma
Ann Arbor, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2004 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stainsafe-Companies/Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida-33418/Stainsafe-Companies-NO-RESPONSE-from-Denial-Review-Department-filed-letter-nine-times-by-119033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stainsafe Companies