Complaint Review: Stainsafe Inc., / Levitz Furniture

• Submitted: Tue, November 09, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 09, 2004

• Reported By:Sicklerville New Jersey
Stainsafe Inc., / Levitz Furniture
354 Hiatt Dr, Palm Beach Gardens,, Florida U.S.A.

Stainsafe, Levitz Furniture They won't make good on warranty! ripoff Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

In September, 2001, we purchased a leather sofa and loveseat totalling $3089! Included in this price was $200 for a 7-year warranty that would cover "virtually anything that happened to our leather sofa". Within 6 months we had unusual fading on the sofa. We called and they sent a guy out who replaced the couch because he said it "wasn't normal fading."

So now...two years later...same fading and the arm rest has come loose exposing tons of staples (which anyone could get hurt on). I have been sick since August with two hospital stays and am just now getting around to taking care of business that's piled up. So I call and they deny me because I didn't call "within 5 days of the incident". I told them I have been bed-ridden for two months and they didn't care - "It's policy and they can't adjust it for each individual case". So I tell them I can provide proof - but they still denied me. The manager at Levitz said to call Stainsafe and talk to the Supervisor. When I call the CSR says "The Supervisor says no to your case and she won't talk to you."

Bottom line...we are now stuck with "unusual fading" on the couch and a ripped arm piece. Levitz has been zero help to us claiming "It's out of their hands".

It's a fraud over there. DON'T BUY THE WARRANTY AND DON'T SHOP AT LEVITZ. Use someone who has instore and reputable warranty people!!

Kelly
Sicklerville, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2004 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stainsafe-Inc-Levitz-Furniture/Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida-33418/Stainsafe-Levitz-Furniture-They-wont-make-good-on-warranty-ripoff-Palm-Beach-Gardens-F-116921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stainsafe Inc., / Levitz Furniture