Complaint Review: Stainsafe Insurance - Miguel S.

• Submitted: Tue, October 11, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2005

• Reported By:La Habra California
Stainsafe Insurance - Miguel S.
354 Hiatt Drive Palm Beach Gardens, Florida U.S.A.

Stainsafe Insurance - Miguel S. Ripoff, claim denied due to 5 day clause Palm Beach Gardens Florida

In October 2001 my wife and I bought an Italian lacquer bedroom set from Levitz in Anaheim, CA. We were also sold a furniture inurance policy issued by Stainsafe.

Four years later, the lacquer is peeling on the bureau and headboard. Levitz denies any responsibility, stating that we should contact the manufacturer. This is impossible because the manufactuer is in Italy. Also since Levitz no longer sells the Stainsafe insurance, they will not help in pursuing an insurance claim.

Meanwhile, after approaching Stainsafe directly, our claim has been denied based on the policy's "5 day notification" clause as my wife mistakenly told the claim adjuster that she first noticed the damage "a couple of weeks ago" when in fact we did notice within the 5 day period.

Today I called to re-instate the claim based on the corrected notification date but was told that the claim is still denied as they will not accept any change in the claim statements.

After demainding to speak to a supervisor I spoke to a Miguel S. (he would not give his last name for "security reasons"). Miguel repeated the same mantra and suggested I should have read the policy terms before I purchased the insurance.

In my opinion, Stainsafe is capriciously using the 5 day clause to deny our claim - a ripoff if there ever was one.

La Habra, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2005 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stainsafe-Insurance-Miguel-S/Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida-33418/Stainsafe-Insurance-Miguel-S-Ripoff-claim-denied-due-to-5-day-clause-Palm-Beach-Garden-160371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stainsafe Insurance - Miguel S.