Complaint Review: Stamps.com

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Lawrence — Waukesha Wisconsin
Stamps.com
1990 E Grand Ave El Segundo, California United States of America

Stamps.com Charged me for monthly service which I never "committed to" on the web page. El Segundo, California

*UPDATE Employee: Stamps.com Response

I received an ad e-mail from stamps.com about their service.  It sounded interesting so I started the "sign-up" process and even entered my credit card number, but stopped and never clicked to commit or start.

I.e. I changed my mind and never "clicked through" to continue.  Apparently their webpage saves data while it is being entered and ASSUMED I wanted it.  I closed the browser and never returned.  Next, I receive an information packet and my creditcard is charged repetitively.

I never used the service, never wanted it, and these people are impossible to deal with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stampscom/El-Segundo-California-90245/Stampscom-Charged-me-for-monthly-service-which-I-never-committed-to-on-the-web-page-1041227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stamps.com

Stamps.com Response

AUTHOR: StampsComCorp - ()

Hi Lawrence,

Stamps.com appreciates your feedback, and apologizes for any misunderstanding.  In your comment, you mentioned that you started to sign up for the service but then never created an account.  Our system is not engineered to create accounts without prior initiation from our customers and during our multi-step registration process, all prospective customers will see the following text (This text appears on the page called Postage Account Credit Card Authentication, before an account has been created):

Why do you need my credit card information?
Your credit card is required by the USPS to set up your USPS postage account.  Your credit card will not be charged unless you buy additional postage or Stamps.com products, or if you continue past the NO-RISK 4-week trial period.

We provide and disclose terms that we do expect all potential customers to read, review, and agree to before they create their accounts.  Accounts cannot be created without customers indicating that they have read the terms by clicking on the I Agree box.

Once the account is created, Stamps.com follows up immediately with a Welcome E-mail that reiterates this process.  We also ask customers interested in our service to read the Service Agreement and the information contained in their Welcome E-mail.

We apologize for any frustration caused and would be happy to further review your account. Could you e-mail us your full name, phone number and further details of your Stamps.com experience to social@stamps.com?

Sincerely,