Complaint Review: Stamps.com

• Submitted: Tue, March 15, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 15, 2011

• Reported By: riowalk — Austin Texas United States of America
12959 Coral Tree Place Los Angeles, California United States of America

Stamps.com Charged me for services after asking to close account Los Angeles, California

Stamps.com was contacted in Sept of 2010 to close my account.  They kept open to see if I would use more.  I did not request this.  Called back in March 2011 to close account again.  Account had accrued 67 dollars in charges since I cancelled account in Sept 2010.  They were unable to charge my credit card since  I did not have a valid credit card on file.

I called March 15 to stop the account, try to get a refund and get email confirmation of closed account.  They did take off about 25 dollars but charge me ~48 dollars to close the account.  After this experience,

I would not recommend this Stamps.com to any business .  This technique to squeez the last dollar from an account is poor business practice and unethical.

Stamps.com got ~48 more dollars out of me but lost my future business in addition to the future business of people that read my compliant post.  Stamps.com is not worth using under any terms!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2011 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stampscom/Los-Angeles-California-90066-702/Stampscom-Charged-me-for-services-after-asking-to-close-account-Los-Angeles-California-706149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stamps.com