Complaint Review: Stamps.com

• Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: Elena — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Stamps.com
12959 Coral Tree Place Los Angeles, California United States of America

Stamps.com Easy to enroll; EXTREMELLY difficult to cancel. Auto-charges keep coming. Los Angeles, California

*UPDATE Employee: Stamps.com Cancellation Process

I accepted an offer to try www.Stamps.com while placing an order on VistaPrint and they offered a 30-day free trial period, and guaranteed that cancellation was as easy as a phone call. I changed my mind and called right away their customer service number to cancel. I was wrong in assuming that it was taken care of. I received 3 $15.99 debit-charges. When I realized of the problem I called to ask for a refund. Even though they confirmed that I never used their service, they would not refund. Apparently I did not follow a, purposedly I'm sure, complicated cancellation process involving calls and e-mails. Be careful!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stampscom/Los-Angeles-California-90066-7020/Stampscom-Easy-to-enroll-EXTREMELLY-difficult-to-cancel-Auto-charges-keep-coming-Los-831197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stamps.com

Stamps.com Cancellation Process

AUTHOR: StampsComCorp - (United States of America)

Hi Elena,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Stamps.com. Stamps.com offers a four week no-risk trial so that you may use our online postage service and determine if the service fits your mailing and shipping needs.  Please note that we DO NOT offer a "free trial"  -- our trial is labeled as a "no risk trial."

To cancel the service, all you need to do is call our Customer Support center at 1-888-434-0055.  No other forms or emails are needed to cancel.

From reading your comment, it sounds like you did call our Customer Support center to cancel, but your account was not cancelled.

We would like to assist you and further review your account. Could you e-mail us your full name and phone number to social(at)stamps.com?
Thanks!