Complaint Review: Stamps.com

• Updated: Mon, August 05, 2013

• Reported By: Dianne — Milwaukee Wisconsin
Stamps.com
, Select State/Province USA

Stamps.com They said I downloaded their program in April and started Double Billing Me In July for 2 Accounts c d

*UPDATE Employee: Stamps.com Response

Some how someway they say that I asked for their program in April. In July they started taking 16.95 out of my bank account twice. A few weeks ago I got a disc in the mail from them but never opened it. Their program is not nor has it ever been on my computer. I called their customer service number and they said I had two accounts and that they cost 16.95 a month. I said I'm not using your service and want my money back. They said NO IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOUR NOT USING OUR PROGRAM YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. THEY SAID THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT. THE NEXT DAY THEY TOOK ANOTHER 34.95 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT.It doesn't seem like a company anyone should do business with?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stampscom/Select-StateProvince/Stampscom-They-said-I-downloaded-their-program-in-April-and-started-Double-Billing-Me-In-1073198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stamps.com

Stamps.com Response

AUTHOR: StampsComCorp - ()

Hi Dianne,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience.  From your comment, it sounds like you may have mistakenly signed up for our service.  When you called to cancel your accounts, our Customer Service Representative should’ve provided you with cancellation reference numbers to confirm that your accounts were closed.  Please note that we bill in arrears (pay for July services on July 31st).

We do apologize for any misunderstanding and would like to further review your account to help with any unresolved issues.  Could you please email your contact information (full name, phone number and email address) to social@stamps.com?

Sincerely,