Complaint Review: Stamps.com

• Submitted: Sat, April 06, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 10, 2013

• Reported By: ASarpo77 — Homer Glen, IL Illinois
Stamps.com

Stamps.com Account was closed, still billed for almost 6 months.. after paying for bill and cancellation. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Stamps.com Response

I signed up for Stamps.com and used the account for almost 3 months before deciding to cancel. Sent an email and was told to call in to cancel, did so. Then, I come to find almost 3 months later I'm STILL being charged. I called again, paid HALF the amount I owed to cancel the service. Whatever, no big deal. Now, I was charged almost $120 6 months later for an account that was closed not once, but twice. I can't call them because they're not open, yet their automatic charge can charge my account.

I sent an email, I hope to get a good response, if not I will dispute the charge with PayPal. I have never once wrote a report like this because I've never once dealt with something that initially wasn't my own fault in some way. This was not, I even have proof the original amount was paid.

Hopefully this gets resolved and I get my money back without starting a huge big thing with PayPal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stampscom/internet/Stampscom-Account-was-closed-still-billed-for-almost-6-months-after-paying-for-bill-a-1041327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stamps.com

Stamps.com Response

AUTHOR: StampsComCorp - ()

Hi ASarpo77,

Were sorry to hear that Stamps.com was not a good fit for your mailing and shipping needs and also that you encountered this billing issue during the cancellation process.  When you called to cancel the service, our Customer Service Representative should have provided you with a cancellation reference number and this information should also have been emailed to you shortly after.  From your comment, it sounds like you may not have received this information.  We record all calls for quality and will be happy to further review your specific cancellation call, in case any of our internal procedures were not followed.  Also, our call center is open 12 hours every weekday from 6am to 6pm PT and you can reach us at 1-888-434-0055 during that timeframe.

It sounds like you have already emailed us, but if this issue has not yet been resolved for you, please e-mail us your full name and phone number to social@stamps.com, so we may further review your account and assist you.

Sincerely,