Complaint Review: Stamps.com

• Reported By: Disgruntled — Boston Massachusetts United States of America
Stamps.com

Stamps.com Deceptive "Introductory Offer" and offer not fulfilled!!! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Stamps.com Inc Response

I just recently reviewed my credit card bill only to find that over the past 5 months, I have been billed for service from Stamps.com.  I am aware that I may have inadvertently agreed to a free trial while purchasing a Federal Duck Stamp (value=$15) but what is most concerning is that I never received an email or the introductory package from Stamps.com.  I just verified with a customer service agent that they, indeed, never shipped the intro package as promised.

I have since cancelled the service but Im out over $90 with no benefit of service or the introductory package which, at the very least, Stamps.com was contractually obligated to provide.  The service agent indicated that they could send the intro package but I had to have an active account which would mean prolonging this relationship.  I cannot afford to continue getting billed for a service I cannot use.  The agent did not offer to rescind any payments or provide the intro package while terminating the account.  I have not received a single email from Stamps.com throughout this entire periodincluding my cancellation confirmation dated today, 7/17.  I plan to make sure that others are aware of the deceitful nature of your introductory offer.

Stay away from Stamps.com!!!!!  Over 240 complaints...you'd think the company would start to address their service model if they cared what people think!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stampscom/internet/Stampscom-Deceptive-Introductory-Offer-and-offer-not-fulfilled-Internet-913307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stamps.com

Stamps.com Inc Response

AUTHOR: StampsComCorp - (United States of America)

Hi Disgruntled,

Stamps.com would like to apologize for any misunderstanding and we would like to take a moment to clarify our service. Stamps.com provides the ability to print postage and shipping labels from your computer using a regular printer and internet connection.

In order to create a Stamps.com account, a customer needs to complete the entire registration process which requires entering your personal information (i.e. name, mailing address, phone number), credit card information, and to review and agree to our terms and conditions.

We offer a four week no-risk trial so that you may use our service to determine if it is a fit for your mailing and shipping needs.  If you cancel during the 4 week trial period, you will not be charged for using the service.  However, if you continue past the 4 week trial period, you will be charged $15.99 per month to use the program.

A Welcome Kit is shipped immediately to the address provided during registration, but the Welcome Kit is not required to start using the service. In addition, we immediately send a Welcome e-mail to the address on file that confirms the account registration.

We are sorry to hear that you did not receive these items and we would like to research this further for you. Could you please e-mail us at Social@stamps.com with your contact information?

Respectfully,