Complaint Review: Stamps.com

• Submitted: Fri, July 29, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, July 29, 2011

• Reported By: Elizabeth — St. Louis Missouri USA
Stamps.com

Stamps.com Never refunded payment charges you whatever they claim Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: Obiviously the responder can't read

*Consumer Suggestion: Your complaint is...

I signed up for the Trial service and got the scale for $10, figuring I might be able to use it without the software somehow.  I received the package from the company without about 2 days.  I ended up forgetting about the trial completely near the end of it and as the ONLY WAY to cancel is to call in during their business hours (difficult to do with a job yourself), I ended up calling the day after the end of the trial period.  According to the guy on the phone, he was going to waive my next month and give me one more month to try it out.... So I kept it, with an email received saying I wouldn't be charged.... Well that was a total an utter lie.  I received the full $15.99 charge I discovered a few days after this.  As this should have never been posted (it wasn't even listed in my account at the point i had called the company), I complained to my bank about the charge.  I had them "research" the charge, and told them if I received nothing from the company I'd dispute it.

I called stamps.com back a few days later to cancel my service, after being asked about 5 times if I wanted to continue on the cancel option, she FINALLY obligated and canceled my account after getting me thoroughly frustrated.  She claimed that the charge was justified because I was still signed up wit the service even though i received an email explicty saying I was getting a second month for free.

After the service was canceled, I promptly called my bank back and put a dispute on the transaction.  They attempted to call the company directly however they refused to allow the conversation to be recorded so my bank hung up and went through with putting in the dispute.  After I had put in this dispute, I also received an email saying I'd be refunded.

I have still yet to see the $15.99 charge back in my account. My bank has temporarily credited me with the charge, and we are now waiting for a response from the company.

It has now been over a month since the original amount was taken from my account and I still haven't gotten my money back.

In short, don't believe them if they claim they'll give you for money back or a second Free month.  It's all BS.  The fact they won't even allow themselves to be recorded also proves they're a shady company.  Don't give them anything!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2011 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stampscom/internet/Stampscom-Never-refunded-payment-charges-you-whatever-they-claim-Internet-Internet-758343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stamps.com

Obiviously the responder can't read

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (USA)

As stated, I saw sent 2 email responses and a verbal one that I would be charged NOTHING. $15.99 or even a penny over the cost for the scale would be a rip off and dishonest from the company. I never used the service and they told me i'd be given a second trial period to test it. The first month was free to begin with so it doesn't count at all.

They obvioiusly cannot be trusted with your money if they can't even do what they said they were going to do. They hadn't even posted the cost even though they claimed my trial was over when I called and they still charged me even after explictly telling me they wouldn't charge me anything. I don't see what's unclear; they didn't do what I was told they would do. Why should they be allowed to get away with it? It's dishonest, there's no ifs ands or buts. Lieing is lieing.

They owe me $15.99, period. They told me they did themselves. I just want my money back.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Your complaint is...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

You got two months of service for $15.99, even after you neglected to call by the cancellation date and you have a postal scale.  Not a bad deal. You got your free month and paid for the one you failed to cancel in a timely manner...what's the problem?

They were MORE than fair with you....I doubt they'll miss you at all as a customer.

"I ended up forgetting..." is really no excuse.