lighting

• Reported By: anonymous — Austin Texas
Stamps.com

Stamps.com Requested Cancellation, But Still Charged , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Stamps.com Response

I requested that my account be cancelled and that no more charges appear on my credit card.  I missed the next month's charge, but caught the one for this month.  I referred back to my emails referencing my cancellation via email and telephone.  Called them again today, wasted time talking to their representative trying to get me to reconsider and offering two more lower rates.  I declined all services and asked that they credit me for the last two months' charges.  They said they couldn't do that.  I then said I could not accept their decision.  They transferred me to the "supervisor" in another department.  After more wasted time trying to get me to reconsider, she said they would credit my account for the two months.  I then got an email saying that they would credit my account for one month.  Don't take their word for anything.  Check your account.  I'm not through with this and intend to follow up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2013 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stampscom/internet/Stampscom-Requested-Cancellation-But-Still-Charged-Internet-1046489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stamps.com

Stamps.com Response

AUTHOR: StampsComCorp - ()

Hello,

We are sorry you had this experience with Stamps.com.  First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the frustration caused by the cancellation process.  From your comment, it sounds like you spent a considerable amount of time on the phone trying to cancel your account.  While our Customer Service Representatives will try to explain the benefits of the software, the entire cancellation process should not have taken more than five minutes on the phone.  Additionally, our Customer Service Representative should have provided you with a cancellation reference number and this same information should’ve been emailed to you shortly after.  From your comment, it sounds like you did not receive this information?  We record all calls for quality and if any of our internal procedures were not followed, we’d be very interested in further researching your account and reviewing your particular cancellation call.

Please email your account information (full name, email address and phone number) and additional details of your conversation to social@stamps.com so we may further assist you.

Sincerely,