Complaint Review: Stamps.com

• Submitted: Sat, September 08, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 18, 2012

• Reported By: Ken — Murfreesboro Tennessee USA
Stamps.com

Stamps.com has fraudulent way/policy which intents selling own insurance and also do not refund customers, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Stamps.com Response

I thought that this company could help us in our new business. I was completely mistaked. this company built a simple software that just cause you problems and waste of money. I shipped an envelope that never was delivered to the destination and my option was the USPS insurance... For sure I could never get this money back because they don't give you any support (of course, they want to sell you their own insurance).

Second problem... I printed an international postage and my local postman took the package. The package was 1 inch larger than standards, and the postman brought the package back. I had to cancel that postage, print another updated and correct one and give him to take it to the post office again. I asked for the refund of the wrong one, now I knew that they refused to pay me back! Dearest Customer, try another way to ship your merchandise! Go to hell with your dawn refunds policy Stamps.com! I'll cancel my account asap!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2012 03:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stampscom/internet/Stampscom-has-fraudulent-waypolicy-which-intents-selling-own-insurance-and-also-do-not-938294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stamps.com

Stamps.com Response

AUTHOR: StampsComCorp - (United States of America)

Hello,

Thank you for detailing the issues you encountered with Stamps.com.

To clarify the delivery process, while Stamps.com helps with the production of shipping labels, the USPS is responsible for delivering the package to its destination.  Insurance can be purchased for any package using either Stamps.com Insurance or USPS Insurance.  In both cases, if your package never was delivered or was damaged in transit, you should be eligible for an insurance claim.  Did you encounter an issue in submitting your insurance claim?

For the incorrect international postage, you should be eligible for a refund if the original postage was not used and your refund was submitted within 30 days.  Please email us your account information (email address, username or phone number) to social(at)stamps.com so we can investigate further and help with your account deactivation.  Or you may call Stamps.com Customer Support at 1-888-434-0055 (open Monday through Friday, 6 am to 6 pm PT).

Thanks!