Complaint Review: Stan koch and son

• Updated: Sat, March 30, 2013

• Reported By: northernrebel — columbia heights Minnesota
Stan koch and son
minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Stan koch and son Do your self a favor DONT DRIVE FOR THIS COMPANY minneapolis, Minnesota

*General Comment: It's part of the job.

DO NOT DRIVE FOR STAN KOCH AND SONS

I stared out as an O.T.R driver for them in july 2012. i was going down a two lane road with a low tree that my C.B. antenna grabbed and broke off cracking the marrow i call ed the job and they said they would fix when i got back in to minneapolis which they did but said i had to report it to safety.i told safety about it they said to take pics and fill out there accident report so i did and never heard any thing more.

Them about after a mo i meet a girl in the minneapolis area that was pregnant and moved in with her and told KOCH i wanted to do local. they had me come in meet the local dispatcher (Ryan)  and jenny parker (operations Manger) they had it set up for me to run demountable trailer at night for home furiture. which like most of you i had no idea what a demountable trailer was. So i was suppose to go out with this trainer for 4 days to learn what I needed to know. The So called train was quieting to take another job so you know who good of training I got and how much he cared. More about Demountable they are like pump containers you carry two boxes on a chassie that is air ride. Once you get to your pitch dark parking lot you air up the chassie them each box has for legs 8 in all that are pulled out and both boxes has a locking bar you on look once on looked you lower the air and  pull out being careful because there are two rails that run down the center of the chassie down the middle of the boxes if you not careful you can tip the boxes over. once out you need to line the rails up with the rails on the boxes which the boxes are free standing on weak legs in a pitch dark parking lot with the air in your trailer lowered  you slowly back under the chassie making sure not to hit the legs which you only have 3 inches either side. any way the first night on my own in the dark I hit my head on one of the legs knocking my self out for they gusse 10 min but got up and did my job got to second stop went to pick up boxes they weren't lined up right and had to relower them but for got to put down one of the legs. this made the counter drop needing a tow truck to pick it up so i could lower the leg which it did mind you there was no damage done no one was hurt. once aging pics and accident repot. I was off work 2 wks do to concussion. came back to work and they sent me out with new trainer. who was great learned alot from his guy. Trained for two wks and went back on my owe. they give you 30 min to drop and pick up new trailer i was doing in 15 min after first wk on my own they had me training another driver. i trained him for two wks on the way back home the second wk. I get a phone call from Ryan (local Fleet manager) that they lost the H.O.M. furitsure account to call him later. so I did he tells me that he has no more local work but has a regional run to chicago doning flat bed and he can get me 2500 miles a wk at 33 cent a mile I was making 17.50 an hour local And plus I never did flat bed. He says I need to do this our go some place else that the run leaves out monday this was friday. I told him i would think it over the wkend and let Him know. Monday I called him a told him that i will go else where seeing I came off the road to make more money for my family and to be home every night. so i go to work for a different company they give ME my DAC report booth those inadents are now preventable accidents and koch will not remove them from my report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stan-koch-and-son/minneapolis-Minnesota-/Stan-koch-and-son-Do-your-self-a-favor-DONT-DRIVE-FOR-THIS-COMPANY-minneapolis-Minnesota-1039099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stan koch and son

#1 General Comment

It's part of the job.

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - ()

I don't know Koch well enough to comment on them, but you have to take responsibilty, the truck don't run in to low hanging limbs and other equipment on it's own. Most things that happen is the drivers fault, like you blame backing in to dark places as one of your problems. What is cheaper, throwing a couple lights on the truck so you can see where you are backing or running over things and have it go against you? In this business you have to CYOA ( cover your own ass ), because if they can blame it on you they will.

Another thing you will learn, even if you have no problems with a company, they will always bad mouth you when you leave a job. There is no integrity left in this country and I'm not sure there ever was any in trucking.

But on the plus side, there are so many trucking companies putting lies in DAC that even future employers are not believing them. DAC is the least of your worries, all the new laws the government is coming out with will probably cost you alot more.

I just thought I would give you a drivers point of view, I have been around the block a couple of times, but the best of luck and God Bless.

lacked