Complaint Review: Standard Auto

• Submitted: Sun, May 31, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, May 31, 2009

• Reported By:barren springs Virginia
Standard Auto
1332 Truxton St, Chesapeake,, Virginia U.S.A.

Standard Auto remanufactured engines Chesapeake Virginia

I purchased an engine from Standard Auto on April 3,2009. I wish that all these reviews had of been online when I made my purchase. I received the engine as I was told I would and after numerous problems with the installation because the block was from a '92 model vehicle and my vehicle is a 2000 the engine was installed in my vehicle. The engine uses 1 quart of oil every 500 miles.

The last contact I had with Standard Auto was on May 4, 2009 when I spoke with Steve and was informed to have my garage check several items and get back with him on the results. As of today, May 31,2009 I have not been able to contact Standard Auto. Their voicemail box is full. I have found another number for the owner David Steadman on the internet and I left a very detailed voice mail on that number, but since have not been able to get thru on that number.

I get a recording now saying that all circuits are busy to try my call later. That number is 757-494-9585. I have sent several emails and have not gotten a reply from that either. I am very upset that I have wasted 1900.00 for the engine and 660.00 for the installation of the engine and now I am going to have to spend that money again with no hopes of recovering the expenses. LESSON LEARNED...investigate all websites before making purchases !!!!

Melissa ****
barren springs, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2009 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Standard-Auto/Chesapeake-Virginia-23324/Standard-Auto-remanufactured-engines-Chesapeake-Virginia-457125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Standard Auto