Complaint Review: Standard Trust Venessa Robert Carol

• Reported By:San Mateo California
Standard Trust Venessa Robert Carol
1550 Bedford Hwy Suite 410 Nova Scotia, Canada

Standard Trust Venessa Robert Carol BEWARE!! Lottery Scam Nova Scotia Canada

My mom received a notice in the mail from them yesterday stating that these people were wondering why she hadn't claimed her winnings of $250,000 yet and that this was the FINAL notice. They enclosed a check of $4920 saying that this money was to be used to pay off any taxes on the winnings.

We both thought this was way too good to be true, but I called the number anyways to see what this was all about. It stated to call Carol at 1 647 997 7627. When I got "carol" on the phone she immediately said I had to cash the check and then she'd give further instructions. I asked where they got our names and she stated that anytime someone shops at a WalMart, their name gets entered in some sort of database. We got off of the phone and I was already nervous about the conversation.

I called back and asked for more info. She repeated for me to cash the check asap and seemed to get more and more irrate the more I insisted that she tell me more about the company. I finally said "I don't see why you can't give me instructions before I cash the check". At this point, she hung up on me.

This is exactly how scammers get your money. Google these people and you'll find even more complaints about them. Don't trust them!!!!

Jocelyn
San Mateo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2009 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Standard-Trust-Venessa-Robert-Carol/Nova-Scotia-/Standard-Trust-Venessa-Robert-Carol-BEWARE-Lottery-Scam-Nova-Scotia-Canada-415350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Standard Trust Venessa Robert Carol