Complaint Review: Standard Trust

• Updated: Mon, December 08, 2008

• Reported By:Deltona Florida
Standard Trust
Sun Tower, 150 Bedford Highway Suite 410 Bedford, Nova Scotia Canada

Standard Trust, National Sweepstakes, Venessa Robert, Ron Clark, Hydrologic Inc National SweepStakes wanted me to Call (Jamaica) to claim $250,000 now Standard sends $3,900 w/final notice Unclaimed Bedford Nova Scotia

A few weeks ago I had a telephone call from "National Sweepstakes" saying I had won $250,000. Oh wonder of wonders, I did NOT believe her and told her it was no doubt a scam. She insisted it wasn't and urged me to call 1 876 586 5954. Of course I didn't. Two hours later, a call back "Why didn't you call?".

I told her this time to donate the winnings to charity in my behalf. Research revealed that telephone number was in Jamaica and I filed a complaint with donotcall.gov. They have identified this as fraud.

So, now I have received this very real looking check for $3900 written on Alliance Bank (Is there such a bank? No address was given) in behalf of a company called Hydrologic Inc in Plymouth, MN. enclosed in a letter from Office of Vennessa Robert (Vice President Finance) Standard Trust Financial in Nova Scotia. B4A1E6 (no city name was provided .. just street address of 1550 Bedford Highway)

It is FINAL NOTICE OF UNCLAIMED WINNING and gives Claim # and advises me to call my assigned claim agent "RON CLARK at 647 686 3102 for further instruction and clarification.

This for a winning ticket in the second category of the LOTTO 649 CONTEST where I presumably won $250,000 and will be able to collect after I pay government taxes of $2985 to be paid by MONEY GRAM at any Walmart Store.

Can't these idiots be brought down by mail fraud?

Wont b a target
Deltona, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Standard-Trust/Bedford-Nova-Scotia-B4A1E6/Standard-Trust-National-Sweepstakes-Venessa-Robert-Ron-Clark-Hydrologic-Inc-National-S-399075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Standard Trust