Complaint Review: Stanford Who's Who

• Updated: Sun, August 04, 2013

• Reported By: pureheart — Wentworth Point NSW
Stanford Who's Who
410 Park Avenue New York, New York USA

Stanford Who's Who I was under the impression that this was a legitimate business network breaking into the Australian market. They had plenty of ads on LinkedIn (my favourite social media) and I didn't even pay much attention to the fact they didn't have many followers as I thought they were new in Australia. So I reluctantly signed up for a trial one year membership for $99.00 which included my press release, being included in their book, certificate and access to other members. I was then contacted several times with requests to provide info on myself so I technically wrote my own press release that was sent back to me later with more mistakes to correct.  New York New York

I was under the impression that this was a legitimate business network breaking into the Australian market. They had plenty of ads on LinkedIn (my favourite social media) and I didn't even pay much attention to the fact they didn't have many followers as I thought they were new in Australia. So I reluctantly signed up for a trial one year membership for $99.00 which included my press release, being included in their book, certificate and access to other members. I was then contacted several times with requests to provide info on myself so I technically wrote my own press release that was sent back to me later with more mistakes to correct. To my horror, I was charged in excess of $580 on my account - charges I never authorised for things I never saw come to fruition. When I challenged the company about the services they provided - they said they didn't provide any actual networking services apart from mentioning me on their website which as it turns out is also shamed and blamed all over the Internet - so I am even embarrassed to be associated with this as a Professional. The other thing is that the website was dead for 3 months and they still charged website maintenance on my card. I had now to cancel my card altogether. This is beyond ridiculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2013 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stanford-Whos-Who/New-York-New-York-10022/Stanford-Whos-Who-I-was-under-the-impression-that-this-was-a-legitimate-business-network-1073014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stanford Who's Who