Complaint Review: Stanford Who's Who

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Oz — Other United States of America
Stanford Who's Who
410 Park Avenue, New York, New York 10022 Internet United States of America

Stanford Who's Who Stanford Who's Who again - wanted to cancel, no reaction to calls or emails Internet

There has been numerous complaints about Stanford Who's Who but anyway I got trapped as well.

I clicked on a link at Linkedin, advertising some free listing for professionals. As I recently relocated, I thought any networking possibility can be valid.

I got a call (first thing) next morning from 1-6316502140 and got some questions on my background and things, considered it to be quite ok. I was promised an online profile, so why not.

Then the lady started to talk about some membership and I got overexcited and agreed. From what I understood, they were supposed to create the online profile, send it to me FOR APPROVAL, then put it online and send some welcome package. I was supposed to pay first payment in NOVEMBER and second in January (according to info over the phone), then there will be some monthly fee...so decided to give it a try.

I got the access next morning (that would be Friday 28/9) and wanted to log in, but checked Terms and conditions first. I started to feel something is not correct, for example I was not given any info about cancellation policy and other terms I didn't really like, so I declined and logged off. I tried to call the number I got (1-6316502140) but couldn't get through. Still somehow naive, I thought it's because of time difference (I am overseas)

On Monday (1st October) I found out my card was debited (although the blocation before showed some date in November, as was agreed over the phone), so I started to panic and finally did a proper research. I was not happy at all with what I found.

I called them again but without success. I left a message and asked them to call me back, because I feel the things are not in line with what I was told and I want an immediate cancellation. I replied with the same to their email. Ironically, in a minute or two I got a message that my profile has been published - WITHOUT MY AUTHORISATION. I immediately replied I did not approve it and I want to have it removed.

Since then I haven't heard from them and calling them just adds more costs to my budget, as I need to go through couple of minutes of answering machine and finally nobody answers...it leads nowhere.

So, I am filling in this report, I will send them a written statement by mail and I am considering to contact Better Business Bureau to help. Not sure how are my chances to get anything back (although from what I found they should have a written confirmation from me as the transaction is over 500$ so the contract should not be biding at all) but I am ready to give it a try. For sure I do not want to have any future contacts with them and not to be listed anywhere)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stanford-Whos-Who/internet/Stanford-Whos-Who-Stanford-Whos-Who-again-wanted-to-cancel-no-reaction-to-calls-or-e-949995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stanford Who's Who