- Report: #1159095
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Stanley Home Warranty
Stanley Home WarrantyInternet USA
Stanley Home Warranty Stanley Safe Club Stanley Home Warranty is TOTAL RIP-OFF NJ Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Stanley Home Warranty is TOTAL RIP-OFF. I have them for a year (Policy SO136764) – you can’t cancel w/o penalties and paying them back. To speak to live person in Stanley’s customer service by phone takes 20-25 min, and in 90% you get disconnected after 15 min of waiting on-line. DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE! Just a few examples of their awful service:
1. My thermostat went bad – after 4 days of waiting they send a tech who charged to replace it $375, Stanley covered only $250 (go figure why!). My cost was $125 (post factum I learned that cost of replacement is ~$100 unit is $40 + ½ labor $60 max)
2. My fridge’s ice-maker broke – after 4 days of waiting they provided me with the contact at Professional Sales and Services which appeared to back-off when heard about Stanley, according to Professional Sales and Services, it’s been $3000+ unpaid debt from Stanley and they are not taking chances any more. It took me another 6 days to get next contact (Aviv appliance) from Stanley. But Aviv told me that they are not working with my model. After another 3 days (day 13 after initial claim) Stanley rep told me that my ice-maker is not covered even if it’s a part of my fridge. Did I mention that to Speak to live person in Stanley’s customer service by phone takes 20-25 min, and more often you get disconnected after 15 min of waiting on-line. Numerous e-mails are mostly unanswered or contain empty promises.
3. For AC unit they even did not bother to dispatch technician – they told me that absence of cold air while compressor is working and making noise is due to low Freon and it’s a maintenance issue which is not covered.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2014 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stanley-Home-Warranty/internet/Stanley-Home-Warranty-Stanley-Safe-Club-Stanley-Home-Warranty-is-TOTAL-RIP-OFF-NJ-Interne-1159095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.