Complaint Review: Stanley Warranty

• Reported By: ripped off — 580 Sawka Dr California
Stanley Warranty
560 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey USA

Stanley Warranty Worthless Warranty Product Englewood Cliffs New Jersey

Beware!!   We purchased a home warranty “silver plan” with Stanley Warranty. We noticed the refrigerator was not keeping the set temperatures and contacted Stanley Warranty to let them know we needed service on the refrigerator.  They informed us they did not have any repair technicians in our area (Auburn is a town of 13, 000 people and there are plenty of repair technicians.  Roseville is over 100,000 population and is only 15 miles away).    We were asked to go ahead and find our own service technician for our GE appliance and Stanley would reimburse us for the charges.  The refrigerator was serviced and a part was replaced. I scanned and emailed the receipt that same day, February 28, 2013.   There was still a problem so March 15, 2013 an additional part was replaced and the part replacement receipt was scanned and emailed.

Since April 16, 2013 I have been calling Stanley Warranty’s claims administrators, Universal, trying to get reimbursement for the charges I incurred for repairs.  I was told claims are normally processed and paid within 30 days.  I have talked to eight different people at Universal and most recently Lori Waller, Customer Service Manager at Stanley Warranty.   She explained Stanley is severing their ties with Universal and from here out would be handling claims themselves (but not mine!).  She told me she asked her manager if they could cut me a check but was told they cannot because of their contract with Universal.

I have nowhere else to go with my complaint because Universal is a fraud.   What’s worse is Stanley does not stand behind their warranty product they sold to us.

I have filed a complaint with the attorney general’s office New Jersey and I am asking for reimbursement for my claims for the repair of my refrigerator and my money back for the “silver Plan” warranty.  This experience has been very unpleasant and I would not ever again put my faith in Stanley Warranty.   I have over $1200 in this for a worthless home warranty product and repairs I paid myself.  Check with a real estate agent for recommendation of a reputable home warranty company

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stanley-Warranty/Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-07632/Stanley-Warranty-Worthless-Warranty-Product-Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-1055950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stanley Warranty