• Report: #20406

• Submitted: Tue, May 07, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, February 27, 2003

• Reported By:Palo Alto Ca
Stanley/Barber &Associates AKA Bernard Haldane
2025 Gateway Plaza Suite 116 San Jose, California U.S.A.

Stanley Barber & Associates AKA Bernard Haldane is a con-artist ripoff scam. San Jose California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Correcting Inaccuarcies ..They are our competitors, period.

Stanley Barber & Associates AKA Bernard Haldane told me I was selected by the committee to be a client for $4000.

I went to a Career Job Show ( Brass Ring) where Stanley Barber had a booth very near Bernard Haldane Associates. I asked them if they were a recruiter, they told me "YES", and I needed to leave a resume with them for their review.

I was then called, and told that the committee had decided I would be accepted for their services and they set an appointment with me. Since I was unemployed, I went to the meeting. I was told that they are owned by Bernard Haldane ASsociates, and are the same type services, except they charge alot less money for the same thing, except they don't have to pay royalties.

I then decided to go to Bernard Haldane, got the same type run around, and the fee was $1000. more. I must agree that it did appear that with their CD rom, etc that the servcies were more complete.I tried to pay them after I got a job, both companies told me that it doesn't work that way, the money must be paid up front. Haldane did have a 12 month payment plan.

These firms are using very deciptive practices, Ripping Off people when they are unemployed and need a job desparetly. Thank you rip off site for warning me in advance.

Erica
Palo Alto, California

CLICK HERE, You must read this!! ..Financial Post Article LINK - Haldane not up to the job ..exposing this company for what it really is - a huge scam

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2002 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/StanleyBarber-Associates-AKA-Bernard-Haldane/San-Jose-California-95110/Stanley-Barber-Associates-AKA-Bernard-Haldane-is-a-con-artist-ripoff-scam-San-Jose-Cali-20406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stanley/Barber &Associates AKA Bernard Haldane

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

The comment that StanleyBarber is owned by Bernard Haldane is incorrect. We are not now nor have ever been owned or affiliated with Bernard Haldane, Associates. StanleyBarber has been independently owned since its inception in 1974. They are our competitors, period.

The other comment regarding that a committee was involved in the selection process is untrue. I met with this person once and explained that our services came with a cost. We never saw or heard from her again. I believe that she may have confused what we said with what another company told her.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company