Complaint Review: Staples - Easytech

• Submitted: Wed, February 27, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Frances — irvine California United States of America
Staples - Easytech
2160 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine California 92606 Store #1350 Internet United States of America

Staples - Easytech Tech Center Expert - Cate Tech Center 'EXPERT'- Cate, misrepresented - saying she would 'FIX' my computer, but did nothing. Internet

I walked into this Staples to see about purchasing a computer. Cate, the Tech Expert, started a conversation with me, I explained I was having trouble with my computer and thought I had better buy a new one.

She asked me what the trouble was, I said, it would start and then stop so that I could not boot up.

She told me, I do not need to buy a new one, she could fix my old one.

I said, how much, she said $69.99, she said she knows what is wrong and proceeded to tell me she is highly trained as an expert and can fix any computer.

I had to make an appointment to come back later on since I had to go and get my tower for her to look at.

I brought the computer tower back to her - she connected it and said, no problem, she will get it running for me.

She took out a bunch of papers and asked me to just sign.

Since the store was closing, I did not read what I was signing.

They rang up $69.99 on the register and I paid with a credit card.

She had the computer from 2/02 to 2/06 and after hearing nothing,

I phoned the store and was told by another clerk that if I wanted the computer fixed, I would need to spend much more money.

I pulled out the papers I signed and read them, and saw I was just charged for a diagnosis and nothing else.  This was not what I was told.

I went to the store and picked up my tower.

Afterward, I took the tower to another store - the tech there connected it and opened the back and told me the power driver and fan was shot and needed to be changed, which would cost - $100, part included, but he did not charge me for a diagnosis.

Needless to say, the day I went to Staples I would have purchased a new computer from them instead, I was pushed by Cate into her charging me $69.99 - apparently, this is what they want to do.

She presented herself as an expert and I believed her.

All she had to do was be honest with me, not tell me lies - I really would have preferred to buy a new computer!  But she said she could fix my old one and out me through a lot of trouble lugging the tower there and later picking it up.

Plus, when they screwed on the back to close the tower, they put on all the wrong size screws - this is an expert!

Well, Staples will never see me again -

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples-Easytech/internet/Staples-Easytech-Tech-Center-Expert-Cate-Tech-Center-EXPERT-Cate-misrepresented--1021257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples - Easytech