Complaint Review: Staples Office Supply(Easy Tech department)

• Submitted: Thu, December 09, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, December 09, 2010

• Reported By: Kumori — Mount vernon Illinois United States of America
Staples Office Supply(Easy Tech department)
131 Davidson Ave Mount Vernon, Illinois United States of America

Staples Office Supply(Easy Tech department) Mother board repair results in graphics cared replaced with inferior model. Mount Vernon, Illinois

Well, I took my computer into staples Easy tech department , since it ceased turning on , I was told it was the mother board, that it needed to replace so, that was fine I paid the 150$ to send it off.

They said : estimated time of finish December 4th 2010, but it was 3 days past that..no deal really..

So I went picked it up brought it back hooked it up decided to play a game. the game lagged since the computer was wiped clean no previous files etc <on the main hard drive at Least> I figured it was just the game or back ground virus or adware or spy ware so I scanned the computer , did all those things one does to remove any posible issue. but since it seemed only my games were slower I decided to look at my graphics card perhaps its settings revert so it was slower.

but apparently my Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT series card was replaced with a GeForce 8400 GS so I figure it's just some mistake right? they said the gfx card malfunctioned to so they replaced it which , fine.. however I'm not a techie but I assume there were some improvements with in the 8500 GT other wise they wouldn't of released it.  So I went to the store and asked them they said : Well its 512 MB's of Video Ram so its the same.. but No...it's not it lacks resolution ..so essentially they refuse to replace it with a Equal gfx card.

if you need a computer fixed do NOT take it to Staples in Mount Vernon unless ya enjoy having your comps components replaced with inferior models.

sigh , I miss the days of small HONEST businesses. because you know you can't sue a large corporation due to the fact they can higher some top notch lawyer and bam your screwed no matter what they did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2010 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples-Office-SupplyEasy-Tech-department/Mount-Vernon-Illinois-62864/Staples-Office-SupplyEasy-Tech-department-Mother-board-repair-results-in-graphics-cared-669920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples Office Supply(Easy Tech department)

dedication