Complaint Review: Staples Rebates

• Submitted: Fri, July 11, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 11, 2008

• Reported By:Portland Indiana
Staples Rebates
StaplesEasyRebates.com Framingham, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Staples Rebates Over 5 communications from me, and still no $10 rebate! Framingham Massachusetts

I filed the "Easy Rebate" for $10 in store trade currency on the Tax Cut Software I purchased February 6, 2008. The information e-mailed back to me confirmed I should get the rebate within six weeks. I was even given a tracking number.

After more than 2 months, I contacted them to let them know I still had not received the promised rebate, even though the tracking number search indicated a rebate check had been sent. They promised to cancel the first check and mail another.

After another six weeks, I called their toll-free number and was told by the woman who took my call that there had been a "backlog." She would see that an actual check for $10 would be sent.

When that did not arrive, I e-mailed the company again and was told in their reply that "We're putting a special team on your case." I e-mailed the company a final time, stating I expected results in the form of the check by June 26, or I would file a complaint with the Mass. Attorney General's office.

July 6 I filed my complaint with the Mass. Attorney General's office and received an acknowledgment from them, but they also stated they don't investigate all complaints, just those where a pattern emerges.
I have since e-mailed Staples Rebates and Staples Office Supplies to let them know I have filed a complaint. No reply has been received by e-mail after two days.

Jim
Portland, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2008 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples-Rebates/Framingham-Massachusetts/Staples-Rebates-Over-5-communications-from-me-and-still-no-10-rebate-Framingham-Massach-350153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples Rebates