invited

• Submitted: Sun, August 05, 2001
  • Updated: Sun, August 05, 2001

• Reported By:New Rochelle NY
Staples-Resubmission Department 01-38046
P.O. Box 9013 Coppell, Tx. U.S.A.

Staples & Compaq Computer Rip-off Rebate Offer

My name is Patricia and I am filing a complaint against Staples Office Supplies Corporation. In June of 2001, I purchased a Compaq Presario Computer Package totaling 1700.00 from a Staples store in Larchmont, New York. I usually never pay any attention to the rebate offers, but decided to comply with this one. Staples offered 150.00 rebate from their store and a 300.00 rebate from Compaq. I cut all of the upc and sku codes from the boxes, zeroxed those with the receipts that I received that day and put all of the originals in the mail and kept the copies for myself.

I was sent a post card from Staples Rebate Department telling me that they cannot honor the request due to the fact that the upc and sku barcode is not eligible for this promotion.

I don't know what my next step is being that the phone number they had on the card is never answered and when I go on-line, my information seems to never reach them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples-Resubmission-Department-01-38046/Coppell-Tx-75019/Staples-Compaq-Computer-Rip-off-Rebate-Offer-6031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples-Resubmission Department 01-38046