Complaint Review: Staples, Staples Warranty And Cybertest

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:Lebanon Pennsylvania
Staples, Staples Warranty And Cybertest
1820 Quentin Rd, Lebanon, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Staples, Staples Warranty And Cybertest Refuses to help with printer problem Lebanon Pennsylvania

In November of 2007 I bought a Samsung CLP 3160FN with a 2 year warranty. Recently it started to show lighter areas when printing or copying. I change the toner but still had the problem.

I called the Staples Warranty and after explain the problem was told a "new" printer would be sent to me. When it arrived and I opened it up it was just the shell of the printer, no transfer belt or imaging unit and was not "new" but refurbished.

When I called Cybertest who was handling the replacement, the not very polite customer service rep told me I had to take the old transfer belt and imaging unit out and put in the new shell.

When it was done I still had the problem. Then it was determined it was the transfer belt. So a new one will be sent but not until they have confirmation that the old printer was sent back.

I have been without a printer for 2 weeks and counting.

I then called Staples Warranty and ask why the inner workings were not sent and was told that they should have been, that is part of the printer.

Then I called Cybertest and was told Staples Warranty does not know what they are talking about.

Still not defeated I went to my local Staples Store to talk to the manager. My complaint is I am not a technician and have no clue how to work on printers. All that manager would say was a transfer belt is a consumerable item and not covered under warranty.

That was not my complaint, I should not have to replace parts when I have a warranty. A warranty that has until 11/2009 but when this fiasco is over is not longer valid.

Piper
Lebanon, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples-Staples-Warranty-And-Cybertest/Lebanon-Pennsylvania-17042/Staples-Staples-Warranty-And-Cybertest-Refuses-to-help-with-printer-problem-Lebanon-Penns-425578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples, Staples Warranty And Cybertest

trim