Complaint Review: Staples/ TOSHIBA

13013 Seminole Blvd largo, Florida USA

TOSHIBA/Staples TOSHIBA/Staples largo Florida

*Author of original report: PS

*Author of original report: Response

*Consumer Comment: A few observations...

I am writing to report and complain about my purchase of a computer from Staples.

A friend purchased  a  TOSHIBA   Satellite C55D-A5380 (serial number,.) It was a Birthday gift. The price was over $350. I was told that I had a one year warranty with the computer. After several  months the computer broke. I took  it back to Staples (Largo Mall 13013 Seminole Blvd Largo, FL 33778). I asked to speak to the manager. I was told by an associate that there was no manger. I asked the staff  associates name. He refused  to give me his ( clearly embarrassed of it ), he then removed his name tag, I was told to leave the store since I was not there to purchase anything and was upset. I purchased a  Satellite C55D-A5380. I was told to mail it back.

I did. They sent it back a few day later. Unrepaired. I never got a reason for them returning it still broken . I  called and complained and asked why it was still broken , They told me to send it back. They would pay postage. They never sent the package. I made over 50 phone calls and complained. I was told to wait and a package would be sent for me to return the computer. I have waited long enough so I resent the computer .  Again they returned it unfixed.

I am  complaining and would like to file a fraud complaint. Staples knowingly sold a defective computer and refused to honor the warranty. Tabatha claimed I have a warranty that they wont honor. Staples and TOSHIA have stolen over $500 from me. My time and expenses have been stolen as well. I wish to  formally file charges and wish to be added to the class action lawsuit. I find it hard to believe I was am the only Staples customer that Staples and  TOSHIBA  have ripped off.

Please add your names to my class action lawsuit. File it with

Office of the Attorney General
PL-01 The Capitol
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1050
Telephone: (850) 414-3990
Toll Free within Florida: 1-866-966-7226

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples-TOSHIBA-/largo-Florida-33778/TOSHIBAStaples-TOSHIBAStaples-largo-Florida-1167578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples/ TOSHIBA

PS

AUTHOR: FloriDUH - ()

MR TROLL

where is the box? That TOSHIBA promised? Again no box mean no WARRANTY

Response

AUTHOR: FloriDUH - ()

Was this "one year warranty" with Toshiba or Staples? Yes but they wont honor it therefore NO WARRANTY

" I was told to wait and a package would be sent for me to return the computer. I have waited long enough so I resent the computer .  Again they returned it unfixed."If you sent this without the provided packaging, that likely had an RMA number, I can see why you got it back unrepaired. I did as I was instructed. Again, they don't honor the WARRANTY. I sent them back everything!

"I am  complaining and would like to file a fraud complaint. Staples knowingly sold a defective computer and refused to honor the warranty"

How did Staples commit fraud and "knowingly" sell a defective computer?  Was it marked defective on the box? (NO)  Did your receipt say it was defective? (NO) Also, I repeat, was the warranty with Staples or Toshiba? (Neither Clearly) You seem more than a little confused about that. ( there was NO WARRANTY) (Neither party honored the product) Sounds to me like it was with Toshiba, but you're rather blame Staples. (Staples didn't even act professionally) (Staples had a warranty as well but when the manger isn't available and the associate wont give his name then YES STAPLES committed fraud. )They claimed that they only look at items they sell. Proof of Purchase isn't good enough. So they have commit fraud by selling bogus, stolen or items they wont honor. Again No Warranty and fraud!)

"Please add your names to my class action lawsuit. File it with Office of the Attorney General"When did states attorney generals start filing "class action" lawsuits?  Answer, they don't. They DO. I guess you don't smoke, drive a car, or have ever had a product that was fraudulently misrepresented at sale . Clearly you are a troll for Staples/ Toshiba. I need a refund or a replacement not more of the same. Again don't buy from Staples and Toshiba sends more time on trolling the internet then honoring their products. This is typical of these companies Blame the victim, claim the person that is upset is wrong and the company did no wrong! Where is the answer MR. TROLL? NOWHERE!
TYPE or PASTE your text here...

A few observations...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

" I was told that I had a one year warranty with the computer. After several  months the computer broke. I took  it back to Staples"

Was this "one year warranty" with Toshiba or Staples?

" I was told to wait and a package would be sent for me to return the computer. I have waited long enough so I resent the computer .  Again they returned it unfixed."If you sent this without the provided packaging, that lilkely had an RMA number, I can see why you got it back unrepaired.

How did Staples commit fraud and "knowingly" sell a defective computer?  Was it marked defective on the box? Did your receipt say it was defective?  Also, I repeat, was the warranty with Staples or Toshiba?  You seem more than a little confused about that. Sounds to me like it was with Toshiba, but you'r rather blame Staples.