Complaint Review: Staples

• Submitted: Mon, October 18, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, October 18, 2010

• Reported By: Mitch — Wayne City Illinois United States of America
Mattoon, Illinois United States of America

Staples Staples the office superstore, Staples Yea we Got that, Staples that was easy. Backing out on what was promised in a protection plan. Mattoon, Illinois

Originally purchased the computer at Mattoon, IL Staples. I purchased a $849.98 HP Laptop hesitantly I purchased an accidental protection plan for $359.99 for 3 years. I must have been told everything it took to get me to purchase this. There must be some kind of pressure to sell them or incentive. When I purchased it I was told that if I had a problem that I would be able to get some dollar amount of computer. They said for instance you pay $850 for this computer if you end up having a problem you are going to get an $850 computer in the future as long as you still have a warranty and it can't be fixed. Today I called up and asked about my computer how it was going and they told me it could not be fixed and that they will have to replace it with a computer of the same specifications.. I got to thinking about it and asked them specifications or dollar amount. They said specifications. I said well I had an HP computer am I going to atleast get that. They said no. I said it is going to be brand new and they said no. I was told something completely different and now I find out that not only will I only be getting a refurbished computer but it is not going to be of the same kind most likely. I think that people in retail positions should be more accountable in what they tell people. I was completely mislead and feel like they just told me what I wanted to hear.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2010 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Staples/Mattoon-Illinois-/Staples-Staples-the-office-superstore-Staples-Yea-we-Got-that-Staples-that-was-easy-Bac-652463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Staples